Some thoughts on stupid

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DDD - don't feel too bad. I hate it when the first menu is with the order mike. "Just a moment please" is my favorite phrase then.

And - at Arby's - I adore their Ultimate BLT sandwich - but it is not on the menu. You have to ask. :sigh:

skeeter

I have a lot from many years of working. But I'll go back to high school when I worked at a local amusement park (the one with the Eiffel Tower for Step and Hound Dog.....).

Someone asked me where they shoot off the fireworks. I really wanted to answer "In the sky", but I was nice and said "back behind the Racer". The person then asks me if you can see the fireworks from the parking lot, and I answer yes. He asks "are you sure", I answer "yes". He said "You better not be fooling me because if I go out to my car and I can't see the fireworks I'm going to be mad". By this time (hot, 8 hours of dealing with dingdongs, kids and balloons) I said "Sir, I live 3 miles from here. I can see the fireworks from my back yard. Every night at 10pm my dog barks at the fireworks. Trust me, you can see the fireworks from the parking lot."

DDD

Actually Step, I embrace my stupid moments. I'm so sick of being the "go to" person for over fifty years that I rather like those "duh" times. Chances are they are attributed to my elderly status. on the other hand I know I'm juggling the schedule of a forty year old and it's rather nice just to give up my leadership role and live in the stressfree land of the stupids. :bigsmile: DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Chances are they are attributed to my elderly status.

Mine are probably attributed to my being blonde... Hee hee... I use it when necessary!

Of course, natural blondes aren't stupid. It's the ones who have bleached their brains! (Just bleaching your hair blonde does not qualify as stupid, you must also bleach your brain. You wouldn't be here if you had. So :p)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Really? It's the bleach that makes them stupid? Huh.I never knew that.....and I'm a non-dyed, never high-lighted brunette....still never knew that. :sochildish:Maybe thas why I'm sooooooo smarty schmart schmart schmart smart smart. NO chemicals heereeeee. HA!

oh yeah - spit warning.

OH and SKeeter I know that place.....toooooooooo........KINGS ISLAND.

And D3 - I'd have to tell them - NOPE We're a shoe store. For those REALLY BIG TRUCKS. DUH - here's your sign. Now go to ARbys you infidel and get me a Big Mac.

DammitJanet

I understand the drink comment in certain situations like IC was referring to. Many times if a place serves both cocktails and regular drinks they will ask if you would like something to drink meaning a cocktail first. Especially if you are there for dinner. We never order any cocktails so we always say no we just want diet cokes.

I have never worked fast food except for about a 2 week trial at BK when we lived in North Myrtle Beach. They fired me because I wanted to evacuate my family for a hurricane...oh well. Now I did work Domino's several times but I dont know if that is fast food and boy did I have some experiences there!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Oh the memories!

Would you like a drink? No, I'll just have a soda. That was my biggest irk while waiting tables.

Or from the medical field

(I swear this happened EVERY SINGLE TIME!)

Do you have any allergies?

No....(pause)....Just x, xx, xxxx, and xxx.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Or from the medical field

(I swear this happened EVERY SINGLE TIME!)

Do you have any allergies?

No....(pause)....Just x, xx, xxxx, and xxx.

LOL I always write down: Seasonal only. BUT NARCOTICS MAKE ME VOMIT.

I'm not allergic, but they have nowhere else for me to tell them. And if I don't, and it's something that might require pain medications... Yeah.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
These are great!

Another medical one, although I can't tell you how many times I've run into the allergy one myself......

While taking patient history it's important to know all dxes and medications, right? So, you ask them about any dxes. Many times you get none, They're healthy as a horse. So then you ask about medications....... um blood pressure medication, blood thinner, cholesterol medications.........ect. Now you start over. Are you taking lisinopril for high blood pressure.....well, yes I am. (they act amazed you know this by the way) Are you taking wafarin for a heart issue?.......oh, yeah I either have xy or z or I had a heart attack back when. Don't get me started on medications that can both be used for depression and seizures......because ask the wrong question and you can get your head ripped off because they certainly don't need an AD.......and doctor has scripted the generic so they won't react to the name brand that everyone thinks of as an AD.

But please, when someone who needs to know asks you for any dxes, they seriously mean all of them, same with past surgeries. Love it when you ask that one and again you get none and when you problem further you find out they don't have a gallbladder, an appendix, tonsils..........and you're like what you weren't born with them? omg The standard answer when asked why they didn't mention such surgeries when asked originally, OHHHHH! I thought you meant RECENTLY. omg LOL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am starting to understand why I get weird looks when the see my paperwork: Tonsillectomy, age 13. Apicoectomy, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009. D&C, 1989, 2002, 2011...

DDD

LOL, "maybe" that's why the medical info takers keep asking me the same questions. "Do you have any diseases?" Answer "No". Have you had any hospitalizations? "Only child birth and a hysterectomy in the 70's". Then...they say "have you had cancer? have you had x? have you had y?" And I'm thinking I just told you the answer is "No". Same with medications. "What medications do you take Mrs Y?" Reply "I don't take any medications." Then come the questions "any blood pressure medications? etc. etc.". I thought they were stupid or thought I was stupid. Guess it goes with the territory. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL DDD

We're left with no choice but to be redundant due to people who can't / won't answer questions. Drives me nuts. I mean, I realize that some folks are hesitant to state their whole history mainly because after you reach a certain age it can be rather lengthy but yeah, it's still necessary.

Mine? Goes on forever. Surgeries? Gawd I hate that question. It's not easy explaining that you had so many surgeries between a period of two years that you literally lost count, even if doctor was asked he always had to check and count. lol And that's not counting all the others I've had. mother in law had her doctor office type out all her dxes AND her medications / dosages ect and she got it laminated. Then she could just hand them the copy. If anything changed.....they'd change it for her, either the doctor office or the hospital and she'd laminate it again. Made it soooooo much easier on everyone.

DammitJanet

Im gonna get one of those bracelet things someone posted about recently. I swear if I have to continue telling my history over and over again I am going nuts. I simply cannot remember it all and I forget things half the time. I name off my medications and they are like oh...so you have high cholesterol...well its not really high anymore but I keep taking the lipitor so it doesnt go back up. Oh the synthroid...yeah, I have thyroid issues but dont ask me what exactly, they didnt elaborate.

I tend to figure I will tell each doctor what diagnosis's they need to know about for whichever specialty I am at. psychiatric docs need to know psychiatric issues. Pain docs...pain issues. GP gets to know it all.

InsaneCdn

Janet - try keeping a spreadsheet or something - split, as you said... psychiatric, medical, etc. - and then print each out and take (or carry) with - you can give them whatever one(s) apply. The will NOT have a problem with this... they can read it and then ask questions if necessary, but... most medical staff would rather see you organized, if your medication situation is that complex!

Disadvantage of the bracelet is that it is ALL on there, ALL of the time... no way to filter.