SOMEBODY deleted half my IE Favorites

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And they were links to sites I use all the time, like bills, finances, etc. I was so mad this morning... Don't know who or how, but they were just gone. I can trace it back to Monday night at two minutes to 10pm. I can't remember what I was doing or who was up then. :mad:

Although I haven't backed up my system in a few months, I was still able to go back on my external hard drive and locate the majority of the missing links.

P.I.T.A.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ugh. I would be steaming.

Keep in mind, I'm not even close to being a techie so this may sound stupid but....for the ones you haven't recovered, have you tried starting to type the web addy in to see if it comes up on it's own? I don't know if deleting the favorites would affect that or not but it's worth a shot.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
There were just so many gone, I would have had to sit for a looooong time to try and remember them all!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I was able to restore them from a backup I did back in September. It's probably not everything, but mostly all the important ones.

I did try system restore, but it doesn't do anything for files like that. Just systme files. :(

So I will definitely back everything up again tonight and set it to do so automatically every day from now on!

DammitJanet

Favorites are bookmarks right? LOL. I use Firefox for my main browser. I hate IE. Have it because you just have to have it with windows but barely use it at all. I backup my bookmarks with Google Bookmarks so if something happens to Firefox, they are saved to Googles bookmarks. Online!

flutterby

Fly away!
http://delicious.com/

You can use this to save your bookmarks/favorites online. You can then access them from anywhere. It's an add-on or plug-in (depending on if you're using IE or Firefox).

I started using it when Firefox lost all of my bookmarks (twice) during upgrades.

It also allows you to organize them much better.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks Heather. I'm wondering if the HP update I did recently is the reason these disappeared... I'll have to check the time/date when that happened.