Someday I might just learn, but when?

Andy

I have come to the conclusion that my parenting style gets me into trouble because I am always willing to give my kids the chance to do the right thing. I even set things up so that is the only thing they can do, "the right thing". But alas, it usually doesn't happen. They can always find a way out or things will fall apart.

My niece, the neighbor girl, and difficult child have been invited to the beach. And guess by who? I probably should go with, but this person has a cell phone and I will get a call at the very 1st sign of a problem. Any guess yet who has invited difficult child to the beach without asking me to come with? Better be sitting down for this one ............. It is easy child! WOW to the ends of the world. WOW!!!

Now why do I get the feeling that it was stupid of me to allow this? Will this be yet another thing that easy child is doing right that will fall apart with bad difficult child behavior because easy child who can handle any child except her brother will do the wrong thing if an argument starts?

I need to come up with a very special treat for difficult child if he gets back from this outing without causing trouble. It already started before they left when he refused to sit in the back of easy child's two door car. I told him the smallest people get the back of two doors. He finally climbed in and was settled. I am sure they will be fine until it is time to come home and he will again argue to sit in the front seat.

Oh, I hope this goes well. Please help by sending good vibes toward this group of kids. If there is a problem, it will be three teenage girls against one anxiety riddened difficult child and it will not be pretty.

However, if it goes well, this will be a wonderful memory for difficult child when easy child took him swimming.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Fingers crossed, beads rattlin', prayers whispered that today will end with the best surprise of your life: An uneventful day at the beach for difficult child AND easy child :D It was brave of you to give them a chance to try this out. You deserve credit for being able to let go and let them try... and they deserve a party if they all come back unscathed!

Andy

They made it back! No problems!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!
They said they had fun. easy child called as they were leaving asking what was for supper. I am making spaghetti and then husband and I are off to church/school. husband has school board work to do and I have to start setting up VBS materials.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wooo-hoooo! I hope they all know how amazing today's outcome was! Let's hope this is the beginning of a positive trend...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Soooooooooooo what did they bring me?!! ;)

Glad they survived. GUESS you had your own version of survivor. No one got voted off the island or burried up to his neck in sand. All in all? I'd call it a score!

So Tired

Sometimes when things go well you think "Wow! So this is how it is for all the other normal people!?"

Glad your easy child and difficult child got to build some good memories and you got to have a big sigh of relief...