Someone get me out of this corrupt county!

DammitJanet

I try to advocate doing things legally...I really do but right about now I am ready to kill someone!

Here I made everyone from my house go up and take out the appropriate legal paperwork to deal with the episode from Friday. I begged the magistrate for a protective order so that no one could be near anyone else so that things could be done through the legal angles. They refused and said that unless its a domestic violence incident you cant get an order of protection without hiring a lawyer for yourself and going to court. UGH!

Today Cory and Mandy went to visit a friend that is not involved at all with this. When they were walking back home and got almost to our driveway, Chris and his sister jumped them with a stick and a knife. Cory called us from his phone telling us that it was bad and we needed to call the law and get up there. I called the law while Tony drove up to the end of the driveway. When he got there he saw the girl and Mandy fighting...she had the knife...and Cory and chris fighting...chris had a big stick. Mandy left because she has a warrant out for failure to appear on a traffic offense. Tony ran in to try to calm everyone down but Chris and the girl wouldnt stop. They kept fighting and hit Tony in the head with a beer bottle and Tony gut cut with the knife trying to take it away.

They...the attackers...tried to say that Tony brought the knife up there and that he stabbed the girl. NOT! Tony doesnt carry a knife. Tony is also one who does everything in his power to calm matters down. Chris and the sister started fighting Tony with sticks and beer bottles.

Now...the Fing stupid cops have only arrested Cory! Cory got the knife away from the sister at some point and ran into a neighbors house to call the cops. When he saw Chris and the sister attacking Tony he ran out with the knife and started fighting too. So they only arrested him instead of the instigators and lets all remember...Chris has a warrant...in fact several of them...for what he did Friday.

Im so ******. These cops wont do squat to anyone if you have a bit of white in you! Indian cops, Indian instigators. Im going to call the state burea of investigations on this ****.

klmno

Sounds like the cops are biased against Cory to me. I don't know why- but they seem to be letting this other family get off the hook with nothing a whole lot. It would be tempting to somehow arrange a situation where you could videotape what happens or already have a third party witness there or something to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what is going on and who is intigating it all.

I'm sorry you are having to live like this. I would say "move here" but I think they are just as biased here once they have a difficult child name on their list.

(((HUGS)))

DammitJanet

At least in VA I have law enforcement on my side since my son is a member of the Deputy Sheriffs department. I swear nothing like this would ever happen anywhere else I have lived. They have neighbor statements that were not at all involved say what happened...they have warrants out for one of the instigators...but that person just gets told to go home!

Unreal. I swear Im gonna cause such a big stink about this it will be heard world wide.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet -

Call BIA - Monday. I think irregardless if Mandy has a warrant - she needs to come forward for COrey -

How is Tony?

You said someone was going to get hurt badly - and they did - Poor Tony.

I'd move - I'd find a way and MOVE.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Thats what really irks me is that I begged the cops to do something to keep everyone away from each other.

Here they were fighting with Tony and NO ONE GOT CHARGED for that even with an outsiders testimony! Then the second sister in this family came roaring up the road and right in front of the cops started screaming how she was going to kill ALL of us and the cops just looked the other way!

Now if one of our kids so much as mutters under their breath that they wanna kill someone they are arrested and expelled from school...but you can say that here in front of the cops and its not a threat. Lovely...I live in such a corrupt county.

klmno

It's pretty clear, in my humble opinion, it depends on who it is. It s***s, Janet, but I don't think they are going to let you have peace. Don't get yourself in trouble- the rest of your family needs you to fight legally.

DammitJanet

Im so mad right now I can hardly think straight. They have Cory downtown waiting to talk to a detective. Hopefully since there are statements that he acted in defense of self or others they wont charge him. Im not counting on that though considering where we live.

I wont do anything illegal though I sorely want to. I do intend to go buy me a huge can of hairspray so I can squirt someone in the eyes with it and if they keep coming...I can flick my bic.

I can just see this becoming a case of attempted murder against Cory when in reality these other people wanted to hurt him and Mandy...then attempted to beat the S out of tony.

DammitJanet

See...I understand that Cory has built his own reputation and sometimes that comes back to bite you. I would have not had a problem in the least if they had thought Cory broke into their home and called the cops to let them investigate this charge.

What I do have a problem with is having cops who are very good friends with these other people not doing their jobs. I also have a problem with having someone break into my house...actually in most states it would be considered home invasion because we were home...and then having the entire family threaten bodily harm and harass us and the cops doing NOTHING about it.

If Cory were guilty I would be the first person to say file charges.

mom_in_training

Geeze, Never ends.... Do you have a military supply anywhere near you? If so go get some pepper spray. I do like the hairspray and bic idea though. I would be contacting any and every higher up there is within the police force to include the state filing a complaint about their inaction. Seems like its getting pretty serious and someone in the end will not fare out to well if this is not put to a stop. How is your husband, Did he go to the hospital? (Papertrail for complaint or future problems). I would be livid. So sorry the drama continues. On another note, Have you thought to contact the media or mayer of your town?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sending (((hugs))) and keeping body parts crossed for Cory's sake. Our county can be the same way when it comes to certain people. Burns me up.

Do your best to keep your cool Janet. IF you can afford it, all of you should start carrying cell phones. Call 911 at the first hint of trouble and let the cops deal with it. Maybe eventally they'll get sick of it enough to do something. Meanwhile try to go thru all the legal avenues you can. Contact the state District attorney if you have to.

See, and that's what stinks (sorry, I am in the middle of a thought here). I KNOW that you would be the first one to call 911 or file charges if Cory was the guilty one.

But the poor kid does not get a fair shake because his reputation preceeds him. That is NOT fair, and your neighbors are nothing but trouble.

I wish I had an answer for you. There is no easy one. I am so sorry. I will keep praying for you and the family.

DammitJanet

Update:

They talked to Cory and told him that what he did was self defense so he isnt in trouble there. However, they did serve the idiotic communicating threats warrant that the ***** (I cant find a non cussword to describe these people) swore out on him from Friday when he told Chris that he wouldnt/couldnt hit him if he was in his yard but step foot in the house again and he would beat him with the bush ax.

Tony went down to pick up Cory and take out warrants for what they did to him. The idiot magistrate said that we needed to find other ways to handle these things (!) and Tony told him that we would love to but when people keep coming at you, breaking into your house, and assaulting you, just what would the cops have us do? I have my own ideas but doubt they would please the law!

Oh and to top it all off...the father and mother of these hoodlums were out there pointing their fingers at Cory and Tony and mouthing about how they were gonna hurt them. Lets not forget that this mother is such a nice church going lady! I swear Im gonna find her church and go have a moment of prayer during services.

DammitJanet

Oh yah...I am pretty sure they probably swore out a warrant on me too for communicating threats...if they know my name! When that Dwayne pulled the gun on Cory and started swearing at me because he saw me with my camera taking pictures of it all...he told me that he was going to F me up, F up my camera and all I own. Well...I do have a bit of a temper and am on steroids to boot. I yelled back that if he thought he could F me he better come try it but it would be the last time he ever F'd anyone because I would cut IT off!

Is that a threat? In my case its a promise!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I yelled back that if he thought he could F me he better come try it but it would be the last time he ever F'd anyone because I would cut IT off!

I am sooo sorry Janet, but that one had me laughing so hard I almost fell outta the chair. I'd have probably said the same thing. lmao And no, I doubt that would be considered a threat. Although, I think he would be a moron not to listen to you.

Glad Cory won't have this added. Good for you for taking pics. Keep it up. And get dead bolts on your doors and start locking up the trailor. If you didn't have the baby most of the time I'd suggest bo.oby trapping your yard. I mean, sheesh you have Jamie and Cory to help come up with hurtful but not deadly traps to keep them off the property. Of course, don't forget huge DO NOT TRESPASS signs posted everywhere.

I remember you saying you're on family land. Would Tony object to moving? This is becoming the Hatfiields and Mc Coys awfully fast.

((hugs))

klmno

I hope you have or can get a video camera- fast.
by the way- I'm very glad they let Cory out. So- did anyone at the station mention the warrant and papers against Chris?? Are they just planning on letting him walk??

Janet,
This is so unfair! You're intelligent and articulate, use your talents-go above the "officers" heads. This is a scary scenario, and these people live close by.You shouldn't have to live with this type of threat hanging over your heads. I hope Cory explained his way out, and that Tony's ok.-Alyssa

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

Someone needs to give these people a huge time out. Technically in SC if you break into someones home and they shoot you as long as they are inside your house - it's a legal kill. Don't these people have even that much sense?

I think you should go to the hardware store - and buy some YOU ARE BEING SURVEYED by video. Go to radio shack and get a cheap home security camera and have it wired to your VCR. Then get some motion detector lights.

If you don't want the pit bull - that would be my next step. I'll PM you with my other thoughts.

Hugs
Star

Marguerite

Our digital camera also takes short bits of video. With a good SD card it can take up to an hour of video, but it just looks like I'm taking snapshots.

Very handy. Check your camera, in case it has this facility and you didn't realise it. It just came with the last camera we bought, it didn't cost anything more. I swear, they are coming with more bells and whistles these days...

However, I would say nothing in reply, not matter how tempting. Typical arrogant male chauvinist, to threaten a sexual attack - and how come they can make these sort of threats, and still Cory cops it?

I'm at a loss, truly.

Marg