Something fun if you're interested

mstang67chic

Going Green
I think I mentioned that I started reviewing books a couple of months ago. If any of you are interested, here is some info from Rachel, the owner of the site. (And no personal gain for me here.....in fact, if more people sign up to review, that's less books for ME to read! LOL But if the mods don't think it's ok....take out that part and you can pm me)

Bitten by Books is looking for a few more reviewers to round out our ever growing site at http://bittenbybooks.com! Please feel free to cross post and share this with other groups and friends. Prior reviewing experience is not required, just a willingness to learn and a love of paranormal fiction as well as provide quality honest reviews.

Potential candidates, must have a good command of the written English language, be reliable and willing to read e-books as well as print. These are not paid positions, everybody volunteers their time, though you do get FREE books and occasionally other perks. You can review as few or as many books as you like each month as long as you turn reviews in a timely manner. We do not ship print books to international reviewers but e-books are available. You can write with your own name or use a pen name as well.

Learn more about our site and our reviewers here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?page_id=2

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at: racoo.smith @ gmail.com (no spaces) with the subject line: Bitten By Books Reviewer Request so your email doesn't end up in the spam filter.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sounds like fun... I wish I had more time to read :( I bought George Carlin's last book (I know, not exactly classic literature -- but he has some amazing observations about the evolution of modern language, seriously!) the week before he died and am still only about 1/2 way through it!

I will forward this to my sister in law's and mother in law. They read CONSTANTLY (my mother in law actually sat in her room and read while we were in Hawaii with them) and might enjoy this :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Exactly what do you mean by well rounded English?

I'm well
I'm round
I'm English speaking

Or do you mean

Pip pip cheerio - all the kings horses, Bobs your uncle, I'm feeling marvelous, I'm hefty and British?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Star, what are you talking about? :confused:

Mstang wrote, "...must have a good command of the written English language..."

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sounds like fun... I wish I had more time to read :( I bought George Carlin's last book (I know, not exactly classic literature -- but he has some amazing observations about the evolution of modern language, seriously!) the week before he died and am still only about 1/2 way through it!

I will forward this to my sister in law's and mother in law. They read CONSTANTLY (my mother in law actually sat in her room and read while we were in Hawaii with them) and might enjoy this :)

Just be sure that they understand these books are paranormal/fantasy types. And a lot of them have adult content so if that would offend them you may want to mention it. They can read some of the reviews posted though to get an idea of the books we do. Most of them are ebooks but we get more print books each week.

And Star.........we need people to round out the group! Not round people although we'll take you even if you're a pretzel if you can write a decent review! LOL

Oh and gcv.........how's Herbert doing?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Mstang -- mother in law and sister in law's are constantly reading trashy romance novels, so this could be just up their alley... so to speak. My eyes sort of glaze over whenever they ask me if I've read so-and-so or what's-her-name's latest book. Nope, I haven't. They know what my life is like, so why on earth are they asking me?

As for Herbert, she is becoming quite the spoiled brat! She comes running whenever we open the door, hoping for a goody like some watermelon rind, bread or some mealworms. She is not interested in her chicken feed anymore, and when she sees that that is all we're offering some days, she'll wander up the hill to the neighbors yard (who is thankfully out of the country for a few more weeks) to nibble on who-knows-what (I sure hope she's not eating his flowers!) and poop. I should probably go up there before they get back from their trip to make sure it's not a mess (he's a VERY particular old German guy (translation: anal old fart with too much time on his hands)).

We just went out yesterday and bought some chicken wire and stakes to try to confine her to our yard (we only have a fence on one side). When it cools off a little later I'll be up on the hill hammering stakes in the ground :)