Something is going on.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt announced that she's dropping out of school ~ she's going to end up drug addicted, a prostitute & laying dead on some city street just like bio mom. (Pretty scenario, huh?)

The more troubling situation is that she took her battery out of her cell phone because "people can track me here @ home if it's in & turned on".

Well, okay then.

kt's speech is more pressured, her anxiety level is thru the roof. I talked more with miss kt & asked her if there was something going on. Were people (little L comes to mind) threatening her via text or calls. "No, mom, people can find me if the battery is in the phone."

Well, okay then.

I asked kt if she's suicidal, homicidal, etc. I asked kt just how deeply she believed that people were looking for her via her cell. "It's happening, mom."

Well, okay then.

Need to get to the bottom of this before it gets out of hand. Her cell is in my hands - no clue where the battery is; I wanted to monitor her calls. kt is very good at hiding things.

I have a call into psychiatrist & therapist.

JJJ

Too many signs...something is up. I hope therapist and psychiatrist call back quickly. Maybe a psychiatric hospital stay can get to the bottom of it all.

LittleDudesMom

Wow Linda, something is definitely going on. I hope she will open up to someone if the threat is real. If it is idealized, I hope the docs can get a handle on her how/where the thoughts are coming from.

Hugs to you both,
Sharon

busywend

Yeah, something is wrong here.

Fingers crossed you can get to the bottom of it, or psychiatrist/therapist can. Quick!

pepperidge

Could she have done something with Ms L that she fears will come and haunt her --what comes to mind is MS L dealing drugs and not paying suppliers or whatever and someone being after Ms L and by extension KT?

Yuck.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry. There is most definitely something going on and probably something serious.

It could be paranoia or reality. I don't know which is scarier. Pepperidge could be right about drugs and L. It also could be that L told someone that kt would do something with/to/for them and now that kt is away from her the people are demanding that L do it or that she give them money or something else.

It could also be that she heard that it is possible to track a cell phone even if it is turned off as long as the battery is in it on tv or saw it online and she got weirded out.

You can see at least who called her and who she called online. Depending on the cell provider, you may also be able to get copies of her text messages online. I don't know how fast that is or if there is a fee for it, but it would be worth checking it out.

Most of the time you can call the local provider's store and get a new battery with-o too much hassle.

Hopefully there is NOT someone looking for her the way tracking someone online would imply. Whatever is going on, hopefully the psychiatrist, therapist etc... will be able to help her cope with it and you will give her the love and security to weather this storm. If it is Ms. L I hope she lands in jail for a LONG time for this. Sending threatening texts and phone calls is usually not just a local problem but is a federal problem - that comes with more fines and time in nastier jails usually.

Sending love and support and good juju to both of you and to Lenny too. If someone does come after her in your home I hope Lenny bites them in the crotch - and then spits it out so he doesn't catch something!

H

HaoZi

Off with cell phone and wants out of school... does she feel safe at home? If it's real and she does feel safe at home so long as cell isn't working, then it's someone who can find her at school but maybe doesn't know where she lives. Or as was said, general paranoia caused by... who knows.
Frightening situation any way you look at it.

TerryJ2

I'm with-HaoZi ... does she feel safe at home? Or is the world closing in on her and she doesn't feel safe anywhere? That could be your answer.

Or, if she feels totally safe at home and did something like not pay for drugs ... then no one will find her at home. Seems to narrow the playing field.

I am so sorry.

I know the ph won't ring soon enough with-the dr on the other end.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks ladies.....psychiatrist returned my call. He thinks (after kt agreed reluctantly to speak with him) that it's a bit of both. He's increased her PRN along with the tegretol.

There are some major concerns about Ms. L & her antics. kt is bringing her battery down tomorrow & I will be monitoring her calls (she will have staff she trusts in the house). Bit by bit the story is coming out that L's boyfriend is threatening kt if she doesn't run & keep L company. I don't know the entire situation where L is living (about 50 miles or so from here) but it sounds frightening. kt is willing to pee in a cup to prove that she isn't doing drugs ~ the reality is that kt is pretty much supervised 24/7. She's even attending school from home.

I'm grateful psychiatrist took time out of his mtgs to check back with me. psychiatrist is wanting a drug test on Monday & kt is willing. He wants to spend time with her & made her promise to seek help if she felt in over her head. psychiatrist gave kt some indicators that she may need hospitalization & asked her to promise to ask for help if needed.

15 minutes at a time, ladies....15 minutes at a time.

H

HaoZi

Is L's boyfriend that creepy older guy? If so, any chances of having the police put a good scare into him?

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you have called the police about this, esp as L's boyfriend is that creepy older guy. in my opinion it sounds like he is trying to force kt into being pimped out by L. I am willing to bet he has no clue how strong her support network is or how many adults are involved in it.

I think the doctor is awesome for handling this so soon. Also that he wants a drug test and kt has no problem with it.

I am wishing a pox on L and her boyfriend - one that brings around big ugly oozing sores and makes you a babbling incompetent idiot who cannot even figure out how to open a potato chip bag much less use a phoen to harrass a child. The kind of oozing sore causing pox that causes people to shield their children and get away from you as fast as possible and then gets you shipped off to a leper colony even if it isn't leprosy.

Surely we can find an island to ship them off to? I would say one with cannibal but I don't want to poison anyone.

Just praying that kt can get through this with-o going off the deep end for too long.

Do you have any reason why she reconnected with L for even a little while, much less went along with any of L's plans/wishes for her? Whyever she did, I hope this is enough to keep her away from the L's of the world forever.

L

Liahona

She is very luck to have you and so many supportive adults. I'm impressed that she is cooperating with all the drug testing and talking to the psychiatrist. I hope you all get to the bottom of it soon. Things are always better after you talk about them.

JJJ

You have done a great job with ktbug. Just a few years ago, I think she would have gone with L without hesitation. Now, she comes to you for help. That is beyond huge and speaks volumes to your amazing warrior parenting skills.