something isn't sitting right with-me, could use some feedback pls

Jena

my neuro called he's very sweet he said if it makes you feel better i'll run more tests for lyme there are more intricate ones. he said but sweetie you are classic ms. i said i appreciate you digging further and listening to my gut. he was like i know it's a hard nut to swallow yet you do have ms there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

lol nice guy.... he's probably right. yet it's ok to listen to instincts, so he'll re run all my blood and they'll call to set up an appointment. he did say though and funny you mentioned i could have both lyme's and ms lol. oh my god is all i can say........ lol.

Jena

lol can you imagine?? would figure...... i highly doubt that. there is no criteria to differeniate between the two diseases. i'm going to have to hit my doctor with the news soon that i won't be using the protocol medications for ms just yet though. i'm hoping he stays on board with me. yet i want to continue doing what im doing and my husband found a medical dr that deals with alternative medications, herbals etc. supposedly well known ppl fly in from other countries to see him. we'll c how that shakes out.

i know one thing changing my diet has really made a difference for me, as well as the yoga. granted im hungry for sweet stuff yet i feel cleaner eating this way.

Jena

i think i just did, i have huge lesions and alot of them in my spine and a few very large ones in my brain stem. which is what controls sexual function, heart, breathing it's the most primitive part of the brain. it's the part that communicates with the rest of the body. yes i'm not happy. yes i will be making a drink for myself tonight. yes i have to quit smoking also ontop of everything else i've quit. i was down to ten yet i gotta go down further.

putting positive jen to rest for a bit.

keista

Well, positive jen can rest - she needs it. 'Positive keista' will keep to good vibes flowing to you.

You might need to get your 2nd opinions done in Duchess county.

Marguerite

Jen, you've been to Mexico a few times over the last few years. Could you have picked up something there? I remember reading about Charles Darwin, got bitten by a reduvid bug in South America and probably got Chagas Disease from it. Not known back then, but he was never properly well again and became a bit of a recluse (and, people thought, a hypochondriac). You might have had a problem for a couple of years and have it mostly dormant in that time.

Treatable, though. Unlike in Darwin's day...

Marg

svengandhi

I know this is gross, but my 12 year old likes to watch this disgusting show about parasites. Anyway, in one episode, this woman had been somewhere in South America years earlier and she was getting all sorts of symptoms - headaches, seizures, nausea, neuro, tests showed lesions in her brain, etc. It turned out that this parasite had somehow gotten into her body and was little by little destroying her. I think that the original parasite might already have been gone so it didn't show up in the scans, but they figured it out. Since you have been out of the country, it might be worth looking into it.

I also hate to bear bad news - it could be both arthritis (maybe not Lyme's, but rheumatoid or osteo) and MS. I'm sure that your doctor will be ok with not starting the protocol medications while you're waiting on new bloodwork.

Good luck.

Marguerite

Jen, if the doctor is sure it's MS, then perhaps you need to accept this. Continue reporting any symptom of concern even if it doesn't fit the MS profile. But doctors have to put in a lot of study over many years plus keep up with study through their working lives, in order to practice medicine. Chances are, the doctor has good reasons for being sure of his diagnosis.

If you keep stressing over the "what ifs" you won't achieve anything other than to worry yourself sicker. And surely you have enough worry in your life right now? I noted from your other posts that difficult child is giving you more headaches at the moment too. You really do seem to have a lot to have to deal with. Please don't add to your load, MS does weird things sometimes and it's often a matter of rolling with the punches. Looking for another nasty disease on top of the MS is only going to worry you unnecessarily. Let the doctors do the worrying. That's what they get paid for!

Marg

H

HaoZi

I know this is gross, but my 12 year old likes to watch this disgusting show about parasites.
Monsters Inside Me?

If we're going the What if... route, does this sound familiar?

"In general, cysts in the muscles do not have symptoms, although infected individuals may feel lumps under the skin. On rare occasions, cysticerci may float in the eye, causing blurry vision and sometimes swelling or detachment of the retina. The most serious form of cysticercosis occurs when cysts form in the brain or on the spinal cord. The symptoms of this particular infection — neurocysticercosis — include seizures, headaches, confusion, lack of attention and difficulty balancing."
http://animal.discovery.com/invertebrates/monsters-inside-me/pork-tapeworm-cysticercosis/