SOMETHING positive on my end, re: book

Abbey

Spork Queen
My main character, Bill, called today that he'd like to 'front' the money for me to finish the book. He's 89 and I believe sensing a time issue. He wants me to quit my job and stay home and write. I told him I'd have to think about it. He even suggested keeping my current book, but maybe doing a memoir book just about his life, which is very historic.

I have to say, it is SOOOO enticing. I just don't have the time to devote to writing now. I might get an hour or so in the middle of the night and that's not enough.

I told him I'd call him in a week. I need time to contact my publisher and see about the legalities of another person entering the first book.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey, I'd call your publisher and ask for the advice. If he says no problem, are you going to jump at the chance?? I have a feeling your main character is feeling some urgency.

Steely

WOW. I am seriously impressed.
How did you get the publisher, if you don't mind me asking? I need the same.

Gosh, if it was me, I would jump at the chance of money up front to write. It is my dream.

Me aside, I wish you wisdom, and great discernment regarding this. I know you will do the right thing, and be lead in the right direction for your life.

Many hugs.
Steely

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks, guys. This is a dream for me.

Steely...a board member sent me this link awhile back. (THANK YOU!!!) It's rather a lengthy process, but it puts you with the right kind of publisher and what they want. Some want just snipets of what you're doing...others want a synopsis...others want a finished product. They tend to specialize in types of writing - fiction, non-fiction, romance, historical, etc.

A general rule of thumb is to NEVER, EVER call them. I'm sure they get tons of requests and each of them have their own way of dealing with requests. Some are US Postal, others email. So it takes some digging to find out how to appease their requirements.

http://www.agentquery.com/default.aspx

Abbey

lovemysons

Wow! I wish you all the best, is Very Exciting. And the offer to "front" the money to you so you can finish up sounds like a good deal to me.

Congrats on your writing career!
Tammy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I thought upon first glance your post read:
Something positive in my end....
I started cracking up and thought OMG she has lost it for real now!!!

I think this is so cool, and a much better title. What a decision.... Nail biting.

Abbey

Spork Queen
O.M.G. TOTO!!
:916blusher::bow::clubbing::faint::highvoltage::nono::please:(It bothers me that this guy is bending over.)

You are BAD, girl!! Now I suppose it's corner time for both of us. Thanks.​

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey you put the little guy up there! Bad Emoticon..
Maybe I need glasses, or a different perspective.
Hey maybe mine is just fine...
:hellosoldier: He is kind of cute and all innocent looking... kind of helpless... :please:

OK corner NOW.

Jena

ok how did i skip past this thread??? And I dooo wear glasses!!!!!

That is so so cool!!! Jump on it!! Like now!!!

So so proud of you!!!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, Bill is very persistant. Just got off an hour long conversation with him. This guy is amazing.

I'm going to continue on my current book, but do a second one that is just about him. He wants his family to have it. He's sending back with H a ton load of new information and photos and...a nice check. When I have the rough draft done, a bigger check, and the final a NICE check. I don't think he even wants it published. He just wants nearly 90 years of life recorded.

This old guy is a hoot. He's still flying all over the world to watch football games, rugby, cruising Alaska, eating cheese in Norway, sipping wine in France, etc. He told me not to finish it until summer as he's going to some baseball game in SC in March and he wants those photos in it.

He's sending me names/contact info for all the people close to him so I can get their perspective on his life.

I'm so excited. Now...I just need to find time.

Abbey