Something weird??

klmno

My neighbors had a baby in September. They are a young couple and I saw the baby when I took over a small gift bag for him/them. I haven't seen that baby since. I've stayed in a lot and of course, it is winter now, but they both work and I find it odd that I see them, separately, getting in or out of the car and so forth, but I have never seen that baby since he was about 3-4 days old. Would you be worried?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Not necessarily. Like you said, you've been inside and probably not on the same schedule they are. And it's winter and they probably aren't taking the baby out much with the weather being cold.

FWIW, my next-door neighbors who moved in last June had a baby November 1 and I've only seen her three times. Once when I stopped over to say hello when they got home from the hospital, once last week when I watched the baby for an hour for them, and once a few days ago when her gma was taking her out for a walk (didn't actually see the baby, she was in her carrier under a blanket). The parents both work and I only occasionally see them.

klmno

Ok- it just seemed odd that since they both work during the day and I see them getting in and out of cars, I never see the baby being taken to or brought home from day care.

klmno

Yeah, I think I will....maybe I'm just being paranoid...they seem like nice people- I just hope he didn't get sick and is in the hospital or something.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
"I was doing a little baking today, and there's no way I can eat all these brownies...thought I'd share..."

Marguerite

Maybe they have someone minding the baby in their home while they go to work, instead of taking the baby to child care? My hairdresser has a babysitter/nanny come to her home to mind the kids while she's at work. easy child 2/difficult child 2 has just answered an ad looking for a live-out nanny.

Marg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Odds are they are avoiding taking the baby out in the cold air as much as possible. Smart if that is the case considering his age.

If you're worried, I'd bake up a treat and take it over as a helpful excuse to see how their adorable baby has grown. The parents would enjoy the treat and you'd feel better. Plus get to see how cute he's become. :)