Something's going on part 2 ~ police at my door this evening

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
with young ms. kt in tow. As kt had been improving from her paranoid behaviors & had been making good choices (her drug tests were clean) kt asked & rec'd permission to go for a walk after dinner (no staff in on Monday's). I asked kt to be home by 7 as we had some chores to complete yet this evening.

kt didn't show - I gave her til 7:45 & started calling her cell phone. At 8:30 I was leaving the house to go search for her. As I was collecting my keys & purse there is a ruckus at the front door. kt comes screaming into the house with an officer right behind her. kt is throwing things at the officer & I put myself between him & kt. Told kt to settle down while we talked. Not happening my friends.

The officer is updating me on the "situation" while kt is screaming "no, no, no, no, no". I was informed that kt was having sex in a park down the street - consensual according to kt & the "gentleman" in question. I gave the officer a bit of kt's hx & her diagnosis' & asked the charges be pressed as kt isn't emotionally near the 16 years of age she is physically. So I could finish the conversation I excused myself & gave kt her night medications & a PRN to boot.

The officer wants to press charges given kt's hx & is moving the case up to sex crimes. (There are no statutes on the books for emotional/mental age & consensual sex.) This set kt off again - I turned to her & informed her there are consequences for breaking the law & as well as such dangerous choices/behaviors.

Ick ick ick ~ it must be April because kt is off the deep end again. Ick.

T

TeDo

I am so sorry TL. Good for you for your request to the officer. Was this person someone she knows well? Did she go for the walk specifically for this purpose or was he just "in the right place at the right time"? I feel for you as you ride kt's marry-go-round. Wishing you strength and many, many hugs!!

pepperidge

Oh Linda, does it never end? Tell us more about the "gentleman" when you find out more. Where does this leave things with KT now? Sorry, you must be one stressed out and worried mom. Hugs. Isn't it too cold to be having sex in the park? Geez louise.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

Sounds like you got a good officer. We've only got two that I think would do what he did.

It's a shame there isn't a way to shut the hormones off until the mind/emotions catch up.

H

HaoZi

I want to say she would fall under the mental incapacitation in regards to consent, wouldn't she? That could be pulled to use her emotional age over her physical age.
*hugs* hon.

dashcat

Oh, I'm so sorry. Ick is right. You handled it very well and I'm so glad you had an officer with a good head on his shoulders. Who the heck was this (shudder) "gentleman"?

I did have to laugh a little at one of the replies. Only on these forums would someone observe "Isn't it too cold in April to be having sex in the park"? Only here, in the strange world of CD, would that question come up! Sorry to get off subject, but it did make me smile.

Hang in there.
Dash

busywend

Ugh! I am so sorry to hear this, TL.

I don't know what will make her respect herself enough to make the right choices. She obviously feels she is not worthy of respect even from herself.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ugh!!!

It never seems to end, does it?

I wonder how likely it will be for charges to stick? Is kt obviously impaired to the point where one could tell at a glance? I'm just thinking that it might be hard to prove that a stranger (if it was a stranger) knowingly took advantage of a person who was mentally impaired...

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

I am so sorry. So, what was this "gentlemen's" age?

I find it so sad that kt's past continues to haunt her in so many ways even with all the support and help over the years. I truly despise her bios for doing this to her.

Hugs,
Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
Linda -

Sending hugs -

Makes you wonder how long this has been in the works, and how he got to her? There just has to be a special room in hades for the tweedles bios, long may it stay locked. Maybe this jerk can stay there with them at a discounted rate.

Wouldn't matter to me who he is, how old he is or anything like that - to sit and talk to her for minutes is to understand where she is - shame on him. (throwing away the key)

Hugs

J

Junglelandmama

Linda,

I am so sorry. Wish I had some magical words to help. Just gentle hugs coming your way.

Love ya, Vickie

TerryJ2

Ohh, Linda, I am so sorry.
I surely hope it was someone she knew well.
You handled it very well.
Many hugs. That's about all I can offer.