Sometimes difficult child says the darndest things

Nancy

I was texting difficult child the other day because I offered to do her laundry and had to ask her about some items. As I was ending the convo it went like this:

Me: Well that's all for tonight. I did about six loads and have about four more for tomorrow.

difficult child: Thank you Mom

Me: You're welcome. I would like you to make some new years resolutions about living better, no stealing, paying your bills and keeping your room clean

difficult child: That's my resolution along with quitting smoking

Me: OK good night, I love you

difficult child: Goodnight, love you too. Thank you for doing my laundry

Me: You're welcome. Can't wait to see the new improved you in 2013

difficult child: Either can I

Haha just like difficult child, she must think she just has to make the resolution and it will automatically happen without her having to do anything!

Last edited:
S

Signorina

:fantasysmiley: well, gfgdom is a fantasy world...

I pray our difficult children never meet... dear Lord - please keep "TL's son, Nancy's daughter, PG's daughter, AGs DS. Kathy's daughter and my own DS FAR FAR AWAY FROM EACH OTHER..." adding Onyxx and "LMS's Young Son", and all the SA kids who escape my brain for good measure. Their similarity always strikes me - especially because my difficult child likes to think of "good kids" as "sheep" and himself as an "original, not like anyone else aka special"

Dear difficult child--- ummmm, no... you are not some sort of "special, original, striking out on your own prodigy..." you are a typical unmotivated, underperforming, ummm...yes, I will say it...BURNOUT is what we called boys like you when I was your age..."

Mine finally came downstairs after sleeping most of the morning. I tried to look surprised and said "I thought you had to work today?" and he said "I overslept!" and I replied "easy child did not, he was up and ready to take you at 8:15" and he tried to look sheepish so I said - "maybe you should get a job closer to home?" And he said he was thinking about quitting since it was so far away and transportation was an issue. husband - bless him - said "Quitting? Are you sure you're not fired for failing to show up?" and I piped in "Transportation doesn't have to be a problem - you know what you need to do..."

And he mumbled "I know, I'm working on it" - and slouched away.

Though I wish our easy child's could meet and maybe trade some stories, support each other... and I wish we could eavesdrop a little....though all the things I DON'T know (about difficult child) are probably a blessing...

Nancy

Yes CJ, she hasn't done laundry for months. There is no washer and dryer in her apartment so she has to go to the laundromat but that doesn't happen very often. I am grateful she said thanks.

Kathy813

Staff member
I thought it was a nice text conversation especially considering she is a difficult child. I agree that we need to keep our difficult children apart. We wouldn't stand a chance.

~Kathy

Nancy

It turns out one whole hefty suitcase (as blondie would call it) was her roommate's clothes. I didn't realize it until I was folding them. And she used every towel I had given her and I think wore just about everything in her closet. None of the clothes are good clothes, sweatshirts and pants, jeans, tank tops, t-shirts. For some reason it gave me a good feeling knowing her clothes were clean and no longer smelled of smoke (until they got back into her apartment that is).

rejectedmom

What are you saying???? You mean there is no Fairy Godmother who will come and wave her magic wand and make everything good just happen?????? OMG!!!!! What is a difficult child to do???? :panicsmiley:

T

toughlovin

Lol you gals are too funny....I agree our difficult children should never meet. I am thinking of the things they would teach each other! Lets see mine could teach yours about living on the street, dumpster diving, the fastest way to get kicked out of rehab and how to look like a complete ass on FB!

TL

DDD

Maybe....lol...they need to meet a Significant Other who is happy to do laundry and "play the role". It worked for easy child/difficult child. Yikes.l What a life we all lead. Happy New Year! May we all survive another year hoping for the best. DDD

busywend

Nancy, I am with you on the clean clothes feeling. I am always willing to do laundry for my difficult child because it does make me feel better to know she has clean clothes....that are folded. Drives me crazy when she comes to do laundry and does not fold a thing......i can just see her pulling out a wrinkly shirt for work...having to iron....and being late for work....argh!

DDD

I was thinking about this thread last night. Yeah, I know, my life is boring if I think about dirty laundry on New Years Eve. :) Just realized that nobody mentioned how expensive laundromats are now. Way back in the day I used to do the laundry there and if you took your own supplies it wasn't too costly and it was fairly quick since you had so many machines to use. BUT in 2005 we had three hurricanes and I ended up going out of town to visit my sister and get my family laundry caught up. Yikes. It really shocked me how much it cost. The dryers only gave you ten or fifteen minutes for .75 if I remember correctly. Maybe "the kids" can't remember to budget for laundry. Honestly I was shocked. DDD PS: Dry cleaning ain't cheap no mo either!

busywend

DDD, at difficult children apartment complex it is $1.25 per wash and per dry for every load. She has to put $20 on a card that she slips into each machine in order to start them. That takes PLANNING....meaning she has to have gone to the office during the week to load the card....never happens! Plus it is down 3 flights of stairs! haha! I guess it is easier to bring it down one and bring it here to do. I usually do not do it for her, but there are times when me doing it makes life easier. Sure is cheaper for her.

dashcat

When my difficult child was in an apartment with her boyfriend, she washed her Pizza Hut uniform (a bulky polyester shirt and black knit pants) in the bathtub because she said the machines were so expensive. Now, she had plenty of mopney for beer and tattoos, but not laundry. Yuck!

I am willing to do her wash now that she is here, but she doesn't want me to. She does wash infrequently and, as much as it pains me, I haven't pushed the issue. I do her towels and sheets, thought, and I feel very good about her sleeping in a clean bed. I keep hoping it will sink in....but she doesn't mind wearing clothes that are wrinkled and dirthy. Sigh.