Sometimes I wonder what I am thinking?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Our School Principal was helping us with N's personal Obsessed episode, her desensitization into public bathrooms.
She had the bathrooms opened up early for us and offered to do anything to help.
On N's last day, some of the staff was in office and I brought some muffins for morning snack.
Doctor Y was there... She had mentioned 2x already in an e-mail that her kids were visiting and to stop by her house.
In her office she said this again.
This Sunday I kept having this nagging feeling, should we stop by, should we invite her over?

She had us over for dinner before school let out for summer to talk about her travels to Idaho over the summer.

I e-mailed her before I could think, invited her over!:surprise:

She of course said yes! Only her daughter was still in town.

They came over yesterday.

I made 2 different flat breads (like pizzas) , fresh salsa, guacamole, salad, triple chocolate brownies and homemade vanilla ice cream.

We actually had a wonderful time, after the anxiety went away!

N kind if hid in the other room and watched PBS, K had anxiety and ended up drawing next to us while we talked.

This principal is such a cool lady!
So despite me feeling like I reacted without thinking and was freaking all day! I felt good by the end of the night!!!
School starts Thursday and she was glad to have a re;axing evening. :tongue::tongue:

M

ML

I'm so glad the evening had a happy ending. I remember when you went to her home for dinner. She really does seem to want to help. by the way I'm waiting for my dinner invite lol. Seriously that spread sounds wonderful!

susiestar

Roll With It
It sounds like you have made a friend! How lovely for you and husband and the kids. They will see the principal as a person, a nice friendly person, not just the authority at school. They will be able to tell her if they have a problem.

Impulses like that often lead to nice surprises.

Steely

Wow, you are braver than I ever would be! Yay for you!!!! Nothing like networking for your kiddos future, not to mention, making friends.;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I don't KNOW, Totoro. What WERE you thinking when you didn't invite ME over for TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES???!!! The nerve... Sheesh, I spend the night in your friggin' airport and what do I get... grumble, grumble, grumble... brownies... jeez Louise...

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, that is right! Where are MY triple chocolate brownies????

Oh, THANK YOU! I forgot - you must have arranged for Goldi's new owner to deliver the brownies. It was a lovely big plate piled high! They are super rich - we are cutting them in half!

Can you share your recipe for triple chocolate brownies with us?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
If you want the recipe sure let me know!
I am a slow typist, one finger. That would be why I don't always make sense among other things...
But if you do I got it.. if I can remember all of the tweaks. LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sometimes I wonder what I am thinking. Toto

OMG I would LOVE to write THAT book....:surprise::tongue:;) (Star) hahah.

Where are my triple fudge brownies?? (GCV mom)

I ate your brownies......They were so delicious I don't even know what you were saying.. (Star)

Bwah ahahaha

(Obviously in a hijacking mood today)