Son back in treatment

toughlovin

So my son made it to detox today.... but dang I hate hate hate the insurance companies!! My son is on our insurance. When the tx center called the insuarnce they are closed until Monday due to the holiday. So there is no way to get preauthorization!! No way at all... only way is to go to the ER. Honestly I am not sure an ER would have kept him in detox.... but honestly I was not sure he was safe waiting around until Monday... And right now I am very much haunted by his classmate who overdosed on heroin this week. I dont think my son was using heroin, but he has been suicidal before and sitting alone in a hotel room by himself waiting around would not be good at all. So we finally agreed to private pay until Monday when they can call the insurance company... so hopefully they will approve detox... if not for these 3 days at least afterwards.

Nancy

Good news TL. We had to pay the entire cost of my daughters 60 day treatment. I hope they approve it Monday. I am relieved for you, let's hope he's getting tired of this cycle and decides this is the time to make it stick.

New Leaf

What a relief for you and son. Sorry about the insurance problems UGH. Will they ever be user friendly?

Glad to hear your good news.
Heaps of hope to you all.
(((HUGS)))
leafy

toughlovin

Thanks all. It is a relief....and we will see. I think he is getting closer anyways. I told him yesterday that he doesn't like rules and he is going to have to deal with issue because we all have to follow societies rules. I just hope they have room in their residential program after detox!

Calamity Jane

It's a tough road when you choose not to follow the rules. No one likes to - we just know we must. It sounds like he's catching himself before he falls too far, and that's promising.

Carolita2

So my son made it to detox today.... but dang I hate hate hate the insurance companies!! My son is on our insurance. When the tx center called the insuarnce they are closed until Monday due to the holiday. So there is no way to get preauthorization!! No way at all... only way is to go to the ER. Honestly I am not sure an ER would have kept him in detox.... but honestly I was not sure he was safe waiting around until Monday... And right now I am very much haunted by his classmate who overdosed on heroin this week. I dont think my son was using heroin, but he has been suicidal before and sitting alone in a hotel room by himself waiting around would not be good at all. So we finally agreed to private pay until Monday when they can call the insurance company... so hopefully they will approve detox... if not for these 3 days at least afterwards.
Ah what a relief it must be..He is safe...
If only insurance companies understood addiction...Do you need preauthorization to have emergency treatment for any other life threatening illness?
Hope you get some true rest..
xox, Carolita

Nancy

Thinking of you TL. I'm sure you will be on the phone when the insurance company opens tomorrow. Good luck.

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm happy for you, TL. I always liked the peace and quiet that knowing they are in treatment brings.

Enjoy the downtime.

~Kathy

BusynMember

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for your son's recovery, TL. It sounds like he is starting to get it and I certainly hope this is his time to quit.

New Leaf

Hi TL,
I hope you are successful with the insurance company today. Wishing with all my might for your son's recovery, that he stay the course to wellness.
(((HUGS)))
leafy

AppleCori

HI TL,

Hope your son is doing OK today.

I would insist that the insurance pay starting day 1.

It is not your fault that they do not have customer service people on holidays or weekends.

I had the same thing happen on a holiday week (medical problem) many years ago and had to wait four days until I could get the insurance contacted. I was out of the hospital by then.

They did end up paying their share as if I had contacted them for pre-authorization.

It shouldn't be so complicated!

toughlovin

Got the good news today...insurance is paying for detox yay! Now hopefully they will pay for another stay in residential....and they will find a bed for him because currently their residential program is full!

New Leaf

Got the good news today...insurance is paying for detox yay! Now hopefully they will pay for another stay in residential....and they will find a bed for him because currently their residential program is full!
Oh TL, this is a relief, I am so glad for you. Will pray for an opening in the residential program.
Keep up the faith.

(((HUGS)))
leafy