Son Indicted

savior no more

I thought I had lucked out and the indictment would not hit the papers but a local internet news service reported it erroneously with pictures. At first they attributed the actual robbery to him - he stayed in the car - not that in the laws matter there is much difference. They flippantly read the reports and then sloppily put his name where the major person was. Of course I had to call and luckily the "editor" fixed the error but it was all so very emotional for me. My daughter was extremely upset, too. It's bad enough we have to endure this mess but to have it reported then reported incorrectly ... geez.

Then the Facebook messages from people sending prayers and thoughts. I replied back to one and then no reply back and then I start second-guessing myself. Oh how I hope these next few weeks pass by soon enough. He has court on May 3 and May 11 for the felonies and I will be graduating with my Masters in Nursing. Part of me hates him for putting a cloud over this time for me which should be happy and celebratory. I just want to crawl under a rock.

Here's what I do know. A little rest and time for me always helps my mood and thought process. I'm grateful to be able to share this here. Thanks for listening.

JMom

Snm, it might sound silly, but I use to tell my mind to enjoy my milestones and I gave myself permission to put my grief /worry/anger on the back burner. It actually worked and by the time my celebration was over I felt calmer about the things I couldn't change anyway.

You deserve happiness and recognition for your hard work. He is dealing with his part, allow yourself to be happy in the moment. It doesn't make you love or care any less for him. He will probably be proud of his mom and want you to celebrate! !

Cheers to you and all your hard work. Masters can be a beating!!!

♡ Jmom

Roxona

I agree with Jmom. Sometimes we have to give ourselves permission to shove our sorrows away for a little while so we can enjoy the good times. You've worked hard for your Masters. Please do not allow him to steal your thunder.
:group-hug:

Albatross

Oh Snm, that is insult on top of injury if I ever heard it. So sorry.

But many congratulations to you on your master's degree! What a long haul and a major accomplishment! Woot!!

savior no more

Thank you all for well wishes. I think I have actually pushed my sorrows to the back burner during these last three years to survive the grueling nature of school. Also, I think I'm getting to look truthfully at relationship issues with a partner and it's all come to a head. At least son's trials will be occurring in a few weeks and he can get to where he will be.

Nature

A Masters! That is an accomplishment that required a lot of hard work and you should rejoice the moment and be proud.
I also feel for you to have a double whammy of not only having to deal with your son's mental and drug issues but now this latest incident and to be made public. I'm in awe of your accomplishment despite the stress you must have been under. I feel for you and I'm sorry this has happened to you. I also view you as a women of deep inner strength. Take care.

savior no more

Thank you nature for those kind words. I do have deep inner strength. I have been in Al Anon for many years - way longer than my Difficult Child is old - and thank goodness for that. Yes it has been stressful but I have been fortunate that this was something I have wanted to do for 30 years. I've just finally gotten the chance to do it.