son will not go to the beach

i wanted to go the beach, we haven't been in awhile, every time i bring it up he doesn't want to go. tried to press the issue and then decided that it would just be miserable for me to drag a hostage along to the beach. But i told him "you can't withdraw from every activity going on and then complain that you don't have much of a family". I made him help me fold the mountain of laundry that we've both been washing and piling on the sofa and he was chatting a little and asked if we could go to the movies. So i guess we will go to the movies but i'm glad i pointed out that he needs to participate in the family. He's half of our family!

DDD

Good move. At least it's a shared activity AND he's the one who originated the plan. Fingers crossed. DDD

InsaneCdn

At that age... <sigh> a young man with anger/behavior issues is often a case of depression. Given the social withdrawal etc? Probability is very high. Is he working with a therapist? (as in, does he have a therapist and do they click?)

Yes, he is on antidepressants and has admitted to suffering from depression for a few years now. He starts with a new counselor this week so I hopehe will click better with this one