Song of the Day - Tuesday (for all you dancing fiends)

Abbey

Spork Queen
I love this song, but I more love the video. If someone can teach me to dance like this, PM me. We could do video conferencing or something like that. I believe this wa 1972, pre video days this this is quite amazing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOPICIWN0EU&feature=related"]YouTube - Vicky Sue Robinson - Turn The Beat Around[/ame]

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh I used to shake my booty to this!!! I remember hearing it still when I was 4 so that would be 73'
I have a picture of me wearing one of my Mom's HUGE wigs and these white vinyl go-go boots and a homemade little hipster dress.
I wish I could download it!
I love this song!

It is in my head.

trinityroyal

I remember this one well. What a blast!
It was a staple at the Roller Disco, the church youth dances (it was a pretty progressive church), and my Grannie's annual New Year's Eve Disco party!

Chair dancing as I type this.

Trinity

trinityroyal

Until I can watch the video (it's blocked at work), I make no promises. But I think I can (said the little engine that could).

One caveat...if it involves any lying on the stomach, then that part's out...at least until September.

Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...I'm still watching the dancing and came across this clip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdjv5ZwQcdQ&NR=1"]YouTube - Eddie Murphy[/ame]

(someone stop me now...I need to go to work)

trinityroyal

A-ha! Now I've had a chance to watch the video. I understand.

So...
What we're dealing with here is a famous clip of Fred Astaire, imitating Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, as Witz said. Some clever soul set that video to the disco song (actually, it matches up surprisingly well)

With 20+ years of tap dance lessons under my belt, I probably could learn the routine. However, I'd need to get the choreography details and I'd need to practice for about 6 months to even get to an approximation of Fred Astaire.

I'm willing to give it a go, though.