Song stuck in my head

trinityroyal

WARNING. This is a song-stuck-in-my-head thread.
If you're easily influenced to get songs stuck in your own head, read no further.

**********​

Right now, I have the theme song to The Price Is Right stuck in my head.
:crazy2:

This has been going on for days. I find myself humming it as I walk down the hall, belting it out at home.

It's now to the point that it's also stuck in husband's head, and even Little easy child is starting to sing it, though, to my knowledge, he's never seen The Price is Right.

I'm sitting here at the office, trying to prepare for a meeting with the Big Boss in about an hour. And meanwhile, all I can think of is

Doo do do DOOOOOO
Doo do do DOOOOOO
etc.

Usually, the only thing that works when it's this bad is to replace the song with something equally catchy, but less obnixious.

Any ideas?
(I fear that I will regret this, but I'm willing to take the risk...)

Trinity

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's only less annoying when it's new...

I get this a lot but it's usually whatever song I listened to last. Which in this case is the Siamese Cat Song from Lady and the Tramp.

We are Siam-eeeese if you plee-eese
We are Siam-eeeese if you don't please...

Josie

What works for me is to play the song over and over for a while.

I am afraid I have the "We are Siameeeeze" song stuck in my head now. I really don't want to have to listen to that!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
"Hot dogs....Armour hot dogs;
What kind of kid likes Armour hot dogs?
Short kids, tall kids, kids that play with blocks;
Fat kids, skinny kids, even kids with chicken pox!"

Abbey

Spork Queen
I am a perpetual sufferer of this disease. My latest one is RickKi don't lose that number...you don't want to call nobody else. Send it off in a letter to yourself. Rikki don't lose that number...It's the only one you want. You might use it if you feel better about yourself when you get home... don, dit do, don, dit do...(insert guitar solo)

It goes over and over in my mind. GET OUT OF THERE!!!:mad:

My last one was 867-5309...Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?...blah, blah.

Abbey

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Trinity, that's called "earworm", I read that doing some math might break the cycle.

I find that mine has to do with certain activities, when I do housework one of Brahms' Hungarian Rhapsodies drives me nuts so I counter that by playing loud and raucous gypsy music.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Disney's Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Room...

The Addams Family...

The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...

Winnie The Pooh

I suppose I should stop now... before you guys cybersmack me!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I just watched a documentary on this very thing - songs stuck in your head. This has to do with total recal, your brain being made up of tons of chemicals and how your mind stores things. Occasionally there is a hiccup, much like a scratch on a 45, (which you have to admit was funny when we were kids especially if it got stuck on something like Bad Bad Leroy Brown) and kept going Damn town, Damn Town....(we were forbidden to listen after than)

The ONLY think you can do to stop it is to start humming or singing another song. Turn on your radio - pandora.com and start listening to another song or songs.

There really is no cure - but they found that this seems to ease the
Pete and Repeat were walking down the road
Pete jumped off the bridge
Who's left?
REpeat...
Pete and Repeat were walking down the road
Pete jumped off the bridge
Who's left?

Thingy

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Uggg....Its a Small World - Its the one Disney Ride I have only gone on once - Its bad enough when you even get near the dang ride you hear the tune.

Marcie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My last one was 867-5309...Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?...blah, blah.Abbey

Omg, this one was stuck in my head the other day. No, the song that has been in my head FOR DAYS is a song by Amy Winehouse called "I Wake Up Alone". Really good song, but no matter how many other songs I hear after and in between that one, this is the song that is sticking for some reason. I have played it over and over hoping that I will tire of it, which I don't, but still!!!

I also have a song from the Disney cartoon version of Robinhood that is perpetually stuck in my head. Often I just start whistling or humming it and it drives difficult child absolutely out of her mind. She will storm in from another room just to glare at me and then storm out...because then it's stuck in her head!!! LOLOLOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm safe. I only seem to have this problem when I want to go to sleep. :rofl:

The Price is Right song, huh? Wow, that is bad, bad, bad. Thank goodness I don't recall how it goes. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
AGGGGGHHHHH!

I knew I shouldn't suggest all that stuff. I KNEW it would come back to bite me.

...la, la, la la la la, la, la la, la la...

jbrain

I am hoping I am not going to remember the Price is Right song, I am sure it would be hideous to have to have it stuck in my head.

Abbey, at least your songs are ones I like. I am in a singing group called Mostly Motown so I usually have the songs we are singing for a performance in my head--guess that is a good thing so I am "practicing"--except I usually have the lead singer's part in my head, not my own part!

Fun thread!

Jane

trinityroyal

Goodness!

Those are all great suggestions. Really catchy, almost annoying.
So...right now, I've got a medley going.

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Robin Hood and Little John Hoppin' through the forest, oodelally oodelally, golly what a day
It's a Small World After All (difficult child has a teddy bear that plays a plinky plonky version of this when you squeeze his tummy. AAARRGH!)
We Are Siam-eeese if you ple-eeease
Ricki don't lose that number
Their house is a museum, where people come to see 'em, they really are a scre-am, the Addams family (do do do do snap snap)

But when all those have finished looping, I'm back to the Price is Right
(Come ON DOWN! You are the next contestant on...!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIotIGFN2oc"]YouTube - Price Is Right Theme Song - Game Show Theme Songs[/ame]

Oh goodness! It's getting worse. Now I'm on to Sing Along with Mitch
(There was a variety show when I was little. Sing Along with Mitch Miller)

Roll Out the Barrel
We'll Have a Barrel of Fun
Roll Out the Barrel
We've Got the Blues on the Run
Zing, Boom, Ta-ra-ra
Bring out a barrel of Cheer
Now's the time to have a party
"Cause the Gang's all heeeere!

(Second verse, same as the first)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hmmmmmm. you need a shock to your system.........

LEt's see (looks in magical bag of tricks)

OH......DID YOU KNOW TRINITY IS REALLY HAVING.........

TRIPLETS!?

YUP

flutterby

Fly away!
My bologna has a first name
It's O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a second name
It's M-A-Y-E-R
Ohhhhhhh..I love to eat it everyday
And if you ask me why I'll saaaaayyyyyy
Cause Oscar Mayer has a way
With B-O-L-O-G-N-A