Songs that should never be heard again

witzend

These songs are mostly from a really awful era of bubblegum music when I was young. I can't hear one of them (thank you, Today Show this morning) without the other ones coming into my head, and I HATE THEM ALL!

• Beach Baby by "The First Class"
  • The Night Chicago Died by "Paper Lace"
  • Billy, Don't Be a Hero by "Paper Lace"
  • Seasons in the Sun by "Terry Jacks"
  • Clair by "Gilbert O'Sullivan"
What are yours?

klmno

The one that's being played all the times these days "Say What You Need to Say" becuase it says THAT line over and over and over and over.....

mstang67chic

Going Green
Argh. Thanks guys. Now I have these random snippets of ALLLLLL of these songs banging around inside my head like a ping pong ball.

:angrygirl:

Just for that......Step....guess what song I want to have BLASTING when I pull up to your house tomorrow?

:bigsmile:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ummm... I dunno!

Hey, I have the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room and the Siamese Cat song monster mix going through my head with snippets of When the Children Cry and Love Missile F-111... and If Today Was Your Last Day. All good songs, but not together.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I just downloaded "Spill The Wine". I love it. What drugs were they on?

Just call me a long haired leaping gnome.

trinityroyal

Raindance, by The Guess Who. Aaaaarrrrrgh!
I've Got a brand New Pair of Rollerskates (You've Got a Brand New Key), by Melanie.
The Super Supper March, by Dr. Seuss

I will stop there, before I start a musicosis epidemic and end up with a lynch mob at my front door...

Trinity

graceupongrace

witz,

I'm gonna think of you when these songs are stuck in my brain and keeping me awake at 2 a.m.! lol! So, to return the favor:

"Yummy, Yummy, Yummy (I Got Love in My Tummy)" by the Ohio Express.

Aaaack!

:biting:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have the same song as Jo G -

Say what you need to say -

for the EXACT same reason - stupidest song ever.

and practically ANYTHING Barbara Striesand sings...I just don't get it.

(after seeing Step2's list - I must change my avatar signature) lol

DammitJanet

Slinking to my corner.

I have everyone of Witz's song on my computer...lol. Ok...not Clair. I am addicted to bubblegum rock.

Marguerite

Don't knock "Old Man River" - some mornings when I get up, my voice is so deep it's all I can sing!

I've got to dash now, I'll surf through my iPod in the car and find some classics for you!

Marg

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Freebird....
Hotel California, only because the bar I worked at for 10 years had a jukebox, and when the guy's would get rip roaring drunk they would play Hotel California, over and over and over and over... well you get the picture.
And sing very badly

Wiped Out

Staff member
Crimson and Clover (My family just laughs at me when that one comes on the radio, they know I hate it.)