'Soooo hard to let go when you really love and care

BusynMember

I remember back in the old days my hubby's X would do things that were designed simply to get him angry/get some type of reaction.
She's doing it more to get Bart out of Junior's life. In her magical world, her life is now her new honey, herself, their baby together and Junior is her child exclusively. She doesn't want Bart to see him, but she'll have a hard time making that happen especially when she defies the courts.

BusynMember

I'm sure they will. But what the courts will do is up for grabs. My son has the upper hand, but you never say never in court. Ever. Not until the ruling.

allusedup

SWOT, I just found your post. I have no wise words to offer but know I am praying for all of you and that the court rules in your sons favor!
:staystrong:

Childofmine

one day at a time
SWOT just catching up here and hope you will have a good day today. You well know what recovery from enabling is all about. Your posting your story here and how you are dealing with the worry, fear, the everlasting uncertainty and powerlessness---that is instructive to all of us. This is dealing with life on life's terms, and that is what I think my goal and most of us here on this site hold as a goal.

I love your specific ideas about how to weather times like these---distraction---and then the specific ways you distract yourself. Can I add pulling weeds and scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees to your list?

Keeping the body moving and exerting helps the mind and soul ever so much.

I continue to learn HOW to let go from so many wise Warriors here. We know we need to let go...learning HOW to is the task. And then to live with it all and to continually claim our own lives and our own peace.

Warm hugs friend.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Thinking about you this morning and hoping you have a good day. Keeping good thoughts for Bart and Junior.

5949.jpg

BusynMember

N-n-nervous because it's his ex's last day to counter affidavit by motion to block relocation.

But still using my tools and was out this morning :)

But, boy, am I worried. This is the fifteenth day, and she has not replied to the attorney or the courts at all. This lady is a major G FG and thinks she can break the law. This idiot has not complied with the law at all, but seems to get away with it. But this lawyer is on the ball (I hope). My heart is in my throat.

Poor little Junior.

Lil

Hang in there Grandma. :) Let the system take its course. I'm sure the lawyer knows what he's doing. So far everything you've said sounds exactly right. Even if she files in time, that doesn't mean she wins.

BusynMember

I called CPS anonymously, knowing that Idid not have enough for an investigation. But it would be in their file anyway. They were really nice and the worker asked me lots of questions. Many of them, I had to answer, "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" or "Not that I know." But I got in the allegation by Junior that Stepfather slapped him across t he face and the details as he told me and why we didn't call the police (no mark). Also got in the part about the staff member at school who was so distraught. So it's there in case anything comes up again. They already have slapping and extreme anger that a school staff member is worried about in the file.

The worker was not happy with Stepfather's slap to the face at all.

I did what I felt I could. Bart did not want me to report it so I did not give my name, but felt I had to do something.

Meanwhile, the lawyer wanted him to text her on Family Wizard about if and when she will be relocating, if she still was. (We know she sold her house). Bart did it. He feels lawyer is trying to build a case that ex does not respond. She never did fill out the requested affidavit and was given extra time. Bart's lawyer has been a lawyer in that county for 40 years and knows all the judges so maybe he is playing to this particular judge. He told my son he has never lost a relocation case. But this is probably going to go beyond relocation. I feel better tonight and am going to read rather than worry as I did all I could and feel peaceful that there is nothing more I *can* do.

I'm working all weekend and am glad. I'll be too busy to focus on this.

Thanks for everyone who helped a nd gave advice. I'm practicing relaxation even as I type here.