soooo

Jena

hey!

Play was great! mary Poppins was amazing, magical all the junk they write about it. I was glued to the stage the entire time. the entire audience gave a standing ovation at the end.

reminded me of my childhood, some good some bad lol. yet mary got me thru it all. i'd dance around my room with an umbrella. :)

we went to dinner after at this total tourist hopping rest. in city, guess whose there? you would never ever guess?

husband's dad!! of all people. i'm not a fan of him, nor him of me! so there he was with his new girlfriend. believe it or not she was nice i felt cornered we were going to leave to do dinner alone yet it was pouring out i was already soaked so it seemed pointless.

than today i went for my horseback riding lesson. ive had another bout of legs swollen,, joints pain etc. started 3 days ago. so i popped motrin and got on. my left foot went totally numb lol. yet i still managed.

it was a great lesson, she said i had great control over the horse and just needed to brush up because i dont ride everyweek now. so by next lesson we're going to start gearing up for me to start learning to jump the horse.

horse i was on but ofcourse was rescue she was a sweet/nasty huge horse. she had been abused badly. yet trainer said wow she responded so well to you she usually doesn't. so i was totally excited to ride, got to walk her into her stall after. loved it!

going back again next week, i'll find the cash somehow! yet i'm paying the price tonight i'm totally swollen in pain yet it was worth it.

so anyhow that was my free weekend. it was a good one. worth waiting 8 mos for!!

hope everyone's well figured id share.

TerryJ2

I LOVE HORSES. YOU ROCK!!!
So sorry about your pain and swelling but as you know, it's worth the price. I hope the swelling goes down by the next time your ride.

You saw Mary Poppins on stage? Awesome! I am going to see the Addams Family.
Sheesh. Middle age and childhood memories.

svengandhi

That sounds wonderful. How HUH about husband's dad - in a city of 10 million people and almost as many restaurants, to run into him there. I'm glad his girlfriend is nice - maybe you and she can develop a separate R from the menfolk.

Glad to hear about your riding. I am personally terrified of horses... My daughter used to beg for a horse when she was little. Last year, for spring break, she did an alternative SB where she worked at a therapeutic horse farm. She called me the first day and said "Oh, mom! Thanks for not getting me a horse. Do you KNOW how bad they smell?" By the end of the week, she was over it but has decided that the autistic horse riding programs are not for her.

nvts

That sounds wonderful. How HUH about husband's dad - in a city of 10 million people and almost as many restaurants, to run into him there. I'm glad his girlfriend is nice - maybe you and she can develop a separate R from the menfolk.

Glad to hear about your riding. I am personally terrified of horses... My daughter used to beg for a horse when she was little. Last year, for spring break, she did an alternative SB where she worked at a therapeutic horse farm. She called me the first day and said "Oh, mom! Thanks for not getting me a horse. Do you KNOW how bad they smell?" By the end of the week, she was over it but has decided that the autistic horse riding programs are not for her.

I love horses, I worked in a barn at a resort for a few summers. Tell your daughter that they smell 10 times better than COWS! Ugh! They're cute too, but man do they stink!

Jena! Sounds like a great weekend! Totally jealous!

Beth

Jena

it was great! Yet i'm back to reality lol. kids were here last night, husband wanted to watch movie etc. i said ok i hadn't stayed up late ina few nights....... so 2 a.m. i went to bed. huge misktake! please shut alarm right away in a.m. so i can get 6 hours at least. ok no problem he says.

alarm goes off he doesnt' shut it. i'm up since 6 a.m. ex is texting to take step daugther to school. there i am at 7 a.m. in bathroom blow drying step daughter's hair, straigtening it, helping her study again for a test today with one eye open and eyes burning....... as husband drives easy child to school and my step son.

than wonderful nasty difficult child wakes up. yay me! told husband that's that if your going to have kids in a.m. (he used to just drop them) we can no longer stay up on those nights either. such is life. busy day too today doctor's for difficult child, therapy for easy child and me umm i'm in pain LOL.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Glad you had a nice break.

I can't WAIT to get back on my pony. It is gonna hurt so flippin' bad, but I don't even care. Its been 5 months already. I wasn't even off my horse that long when Wee was born.

Jena

wow that's cool so your a rider also? isn't it like the best thing? to me it's the only time i feel totally free and uninhibited is when i'm riding. we went jet skiiing for first time two sumers' ago in bahamas and that ran a close second lol. yet nothing in the world compares to the relationship you can have with a horse. their amazing animals.