Sorry I haven't been here much ...

TerryJ2

I finished my last day at Macy's Wed., putting up Christmas decorations.:christmaslights:
Rewarded myself with a pulled hamstring and possible nerve damage. Can't sit for more than a few min. at a time. Have to kneel at the computer.
Changed out my display at Blue Skies Gallery in Hampton, VA. Have to pick up difficult child early from school and take him to an eye appointment., also, have to deliver a walker to my cousin (she refused delivery so I am doing it myself). Driving really kills my leg. Owwiiieeee!:sad-very:
I will be back and will post longer replies to you all when my leg feels better.
Hugs for everyone.

Last edited:

nvts

Wow! Sounds pretty hectic - I know you're a better woman than I am...I'd be "bah-humbugging" all the way through Christmas with a hamstring pull!

Feel better Terry!

Beth

TerryJ2

Thank you all. :D Good thing my husband is a chiro. I love all the electrical stimulant equip and the sticky pain patches. And ice.
Still, I'm in so much pain that I wake up several times a night.
husband told me that if I were a wide receiver, I would never play again.
Not that that keeps me awake or anything ...
:hammer:

At Macy's, we get photos from corporate, and supplies are sent to match the photos. At least, that's the plan. Sometimes we don't have the same ceiling height, sometimes they only send up 1/3 of the product, etc. so we have to make do.
My supervisor dragged in a bunch of small trees (or large branches) she found on the side of the road, and I spraypainted them red and we put them in a display in the home dept. We also hung huge round ornaments from the ceiling. And put big swags/greenery in the alcoves in most of the depts. I wrecked my leg by standing on a ladder in one position for waaaay too long. I've got a great attention span and focus and am great at rationalizing: only five more minutes ... and then it's 1-1/2 hrs later and I can't walk ...
Anyway, it looks great, and I have an entire yr to heal.

Good thing it's Macy's visual dept and not the Green Bay Packers.

klmno

Well, you're keeping a pretty good sense of humour about it all! I'm sorry to hear your leg is STILL bothering you though. At least the decorations are up and you're finished with that.

I've been pretty busy, too, and will be tied up thru next week. I think things should even out a little early Dec. because I now have all my stuff (what was left of it) here with me and won't have to worry about anything except a trip out of town for work and seeing difficult child every 2-3 weeks. It's been so long since I've lived a normal life, I won't know what to do with myself!

TerryJ2

Klmno, maybe we can get together the wk of the 22nd. I can't sit for more than 3 min. at a time right now and last night, I went to the BBC concert and had to leave half way through. :(
I hate this.
Once you live your normal life, let me know what it's like. I'd like one, too.
{sigh}

klmno

Sounds good! I go back for a mammo on the 22nd, then only work Tues. and Wed. that week so I'll have time before going to see difficult child on Sun. PM me, if you want, around the 21st or 22nd.

As far as a normal life, I'm not so sure I'll know it if I do get it. LOL!

TerryJ2

I hope the mammo went okay. I had one several wks ago, too.

Still in pain here, only sleeping 4 hrs at a time. I hate this.

I have no life. I'm glad yours is semi normal though!