Sorry I haven't posted for a while

T

TeDo

I know I'm still a relative newbie here and haven't posted much but wanted to let everyone know that I have been keeping up with the goings on. I have been dealing with some frustrations lately that have kept my time pretty tied up. I am still unemployed so finances are an issue and, on top of that, my van has dashboard warning lights lighting up all the time. There is just no money to fix anything. Then there's the fact that we had a 3-year IEP meeting last week. I had spent several days going through all my paperwork to prepare a "pertinent info" sheet to give everyone details that will hopefully help them understand all the situations my difficult child has had to deal with in his personal life over the last 9 years. It was looking through everything that I realized that the only OFFICIAL diagnosis he has is ADHD. Over the last 6 years he has had "possible" diagnoses that changed frequently such as PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Sensory Integration Disorder (SID), ODD, etc. He has not seen a psychiatrist for 6 years because the only one around here left then and was never replaced. We have been seeing a psychiatric nurse who does a good job with managing his medications but has never done any diagnosing. I spent 3 days calling every mental health center in a 60 mile radius of where we live. Most were not taking new patients and the others only took patients from certain counties that did no include ours. I FINALLY found one only 35 miles from here that IS taking new patients. We can't get in until January but I am so excited to be able to go back to square one and get a REAL diagnosis to give all of us an idea of what we are dealing with. The ADHD is a definite but after reading so many posts on this board, I realize there are so many other things that could be going on. I have also scheduled an appointment to have him evaluated for auditory processing problems. He had chronic ear infections as a baby/toddler and had tubes put in before he was 2. I want to thank everyone for everything you do for everyone here. This is such a wonderful place to be and I am so glad I found you. :yourock: