Sorry

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I've not posted much for others lately and I apologize.
Its more of the same here at the Zoo; difficult child 2 has been throwing furniture at school in response to yet another aid who has taken Bad Teacher/Student Mockery 101; easy child 2's getting d's and f's; the Brooms are doing what the Brooms do; and I'm quietly going insanely bald in the middle of it all.
So my apologies for being absent.
I will return.

trinityroyal

Sending strength, and many hugs.
Hang in there Shari. Post when you can, and don't worry about being there for others right now. This is clearly a time when we need to be here for you. And we are.

Trinity

Jena

Shari

Hi it's good to see you, yet don't worry you do what you have to do for you and yours right now. I"m sending you hugs and alot of support.

meowbunny

There are times that the best thing we can do is take strength from the board rather than trying to give to it. You'll be back when things are better for you.

I'm so sorry to hear that your son has another aide who has no clue how to help him. Have you tried talking to this aide or having someone else do the talking? Our kids' lives are difficult enough without someone being mean and sarcastic to them, especially when that person is supposed to be helping.

As to the Ds and Fs, hope she likes summer school. Sadly, one of the main reasons my daughter dropped out was because she was senior with only enough credits to be a freshman. That's really a hard thing to deal with when your friends are graduating and you're so far behind that you're looking at least at another 3 years of high school at age 18. Here's hoping this doesn't happen to her but if she has processing delays, the possibility is very real. If it does happen, do push for a GED. I'm assuming she has an IEP and that will get her lots of help in taking the GED if that becomes the route she takes. No matter what, HUGS. I know how this hurts.

No comment on the Brooms. It really is a shame you can't just sweep them under the carpet.

And quit pulling out your hair. Does no good and wigs really aren't all that comfortable.

For you, a nice glass of wine, a super bubble bath with candles and non-fattening chocolate and the music of your choice wafting over you. And, of course, many, many HUGS.

Andy

I just don't get it. You would think that if you are not patient with kids that you would not become a teacher or helper! Ugh! Makes me want to leave my life, give your wee difficult child 2 a hug and say, "Let me be your aide! Together we will conquer this school!" And for easy child 2's grades - wish I could tutor there. Brooms need to stay in their own corners until you bring them out!

I wish life was easier for you.

crazymama30

Don't apologize, sometimes life hoovers and we lay low. Hugs, and I hope life gets better, and that the witch of a teacher has a house land on her!!! She sure sounds nasty.

TerryJ2

Aw, Sherri, that is really rough.
Keep breathing. I don't know what to say about the Bad Teacher's Aide. (Maybe she deserved to have a chair thrown at her, theoretically, but not really, ya know?)

M

ML

Please keep posting whenever you feel like it. We *are* here for you. Love, ML

F

flutterbee

Shari,

Girl, you need to stop with the guilt. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but stop. We understand. We're here for you. You're here for us. It's give and take. Sometimes we take more than we give and vice versa.

You've got enough on your plate. Don't you worry about us.

(((hugs)))