sos

sos

I am new to this site. I have a four and a half year old son who has autism/adhd and oppositional defiant disorder. I am bio-chemically balancing him with nutrition, elimination diet and supplements etc. Have been hard at work trying to research and find solutions for my son for four years - not sure that's a good thing being as it was so obvious there was something wrong with him way back then. Have felt it is quite a lonely journey not being able to speak to other mothers who identify with similar issues so thought I'd give this site a whirl. Wish I could make up my mind about what school would be best for my son. Would love people to share good experiences around schools - what aspects to look for - lots of sport/ good art department etc - feel I might have a very difficult journey ahead of me.

sos

I am new to this site. I have a four and a half year old son who has autism/adhd and oppositional defiant disorder. I am bio-chemically balancing him with nutrition, elimination diet and supplements etc. Have been hard at work trying to research and find solutions for my son for four years - not sure that's a good thing being as it was so obvious there was something wrong with him way back then. Have felt it is quite a lonely journey not being able to speak to other mothers who identify with similar issues so thought I'd give this site a whirl. Wish I could make up my mind about what school would be best for my son. Would love people to share good experiences around schools - what aspects to look for - lots of sport/ good art department etc - feel I might have a very difficult journey ahead of me.

smallworld

SOS, welcome!

Have you had your son evaluated by your local public school? Kids with autism typically are eligible for lots of services through the public school system.

BusynMember

Is your son getting community and school interventions for speech, Occupational Therapist (OT), PT and social skills? We got my son involved in all that before he turned two, and it shows now that he's 15 and doing great...

Lulu

Hi, and welcome, SOS! The experienced parents on the board ask really important questions and have great ideas. I can't do either (yet?) but just wanted to tell you that you've found a great place here. :)