Speaking of cheap and easy...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The Sears Outlet by our place now carries clothing (what did you THINK I was going to say?)!!!

A friend had recommended it so I stopped by on Saturday for a look-see.

They have Lands End clothing items for cheap, cheap, cheap. Women's bathing suit separates for $1. That's RIGHT -- ONE DOLLAR!!! I got a nice summer weight men's short sleeve button-up casual shirt for difficult child 2 for $1.75 and a pair of cargo shorts for $2, and a Dockers leather belt for difficult child 1 for $5!!! They also have jeans and khaki's for $3. Lots of kids clothes, too. It was basically thrift store pricing on brand-new merchandise (granted, some of it was from winter season, but most of the Lands End stuff was spring/summer season).

Anyway, if you have a Sears Outlet in your area, it might be worth checking out!

susiestar

Roll With It
The JCPenney's outlet in Cincy used to be amazing. WHen they had deals they rocked, otherwise, not so much. I wish we had more outlets here that were truly outlets. The outlet malls have lines of merch made to sell at them and just are not what I think of as factory outlets. I still remember the Polly Flinder's outlet in Cincy when I was little. My mom used to take us there for their big sales. She even managed to get the fabric to make my school uniforms - I was so tiny that the ones that were for sale swam on me (and had itchy interfacing so I wouldn't wear them and she KNEW I would cut it out with scissors first time someone wasn't looking, lol. Just like I did with the lace on the fancy underwear that an aunt put me in when I was two - I took strips of the cloth out of the underwear and then put them back on. Never did get to church that day because Mom saw it just as we were getting into the car. And Dad couldn't stop laughing his head off! - NO I WAS NOT A difficult child - just a kid with major sensory issues!)

Glad you found a cool outlet. Anytime you want to send stuff to me from the $1 rack, I will send you my size and some $$!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Next time you come south, Mary, I'll give you directions to the one here :) by the way, are you going to Vegas in August to see the Spork Queen?

KTMom91

Vegas, yes, but Chicago is up in the air. Depends on how much it will be to get my car fixed, or if we have to replace it. I'm seriously bummed.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I wish we still had decent outlets.

I used to adore the Penney's outlet in Cincy, and the Elder Beerman outlet in Fairborn.

But now there are so many outlet MALLS... They're competing. Inferior products, NOT seconds or out-of-season.

...And seriously? The Spork Queen is Abbey. ;-)

DammitJanet

We used to have a Sears outlet in Greensboro NC when I lived there. Dont know if its still there or not because Im not still there! I loved that place but I really loved it at Xmas because they still were doing the Sears Big Book back then. Anything that people ordered and then returned came back into the outlet store. Right before Xmas, they let the customers come into the store and it was like pitbulls at a food dish...mayhem! Toys would come down this conveyer belt and people would fight trying to grab things as they came down. It was so much fun!