Speaking of Class Action Suits ...

TerryJ2

As part of the government payback program, I got a check for $10 and some odd cents today, from an investment firm I've never heard of, in which we have stock. I should pay more attention. :anxious:;)

In the meantime, let's celebrate! I'm rich! I can send my easy child to college now!!! Woo hooo!!!!!
:cheers::cheerleader: (Would you all hate me if I spent it on a couple of chai's at Starbuck's?)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
No, but you should take a picture of yourself holding the check and then holding the Lattes...
Big smile in place!
Ahhh, sweet rewards. Hey, a free Latte is a good thing!

TerryJ2

Well, not exactly free, since we lost boucou (sp?) bucks in investments, incl. the kids' college savings' accts.
But heck, a chai is a chai and I'm all for it!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
After you have partaken in your Chai perhaps you could write on the cups-- KID'S COLLEGE FUND and stand on the corner in front of the investment company......... see if any bonus money comes your way.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I like WhymeMom's idea. :)

mother in law can also feel your pain. Stocks bottoming out is what put her in the financial position she's currently in.

TerryJ2

Beaucoup.
Of course. Beau and coup. Just put them together.

Yeah, I can use the cups to collect for their college funds--in front of the investment company. I like that idea!

Meanwhile, easy child learned this wk that she was not accepted into her 1st choice school, Univ of Richmond. Awesome school and campus ... but same tuition as Harvard. I'm relieved that the school took the decision out of our hands. Now she won't blame us.

Even so, with-the stock mkt the way it is, we thought we had enough tuition saved for an in-state school for 4 yrs, but now it's only 1 yr. Gulp.

I need more govn't ordered refunds!

Nancy

Terry,

Was this part of an IRA account you have? We got two such checks recently but we had to deposit them right back into the IRA account or there would be penalties attached.

Nancy