Speaking of *COLD*....

klmno

I am grateful- really- BUT....

I have been making phone calls and waiting for calls between these posts today. Finally I get my call back from the free legal aid attny about the house foreclosure. He says he needs to look at my mortgage docs before he can be sure, but he will try to stop the foreclosure. If it doesn't get stopped, they can get me removed from the house the day of the sell but would probably give me 5 days to move out- and change the locks, have a sheriff physically move me out, and board the place up. Oh boy.

He says he opens up his office at 6:00am on days where the temp is below 30 degrees (for the homeless) and wants me to be at his office tomorrow morning at 7:00 am because it's supposed to be about 20 degrees then. HUH???

So, I'll be going for a while now to see if I can find my mortgage papers. And a warmer coat. I have to call him back later to tell him if I found the papers, meaning I will be there tomorrow morning.

klmno

I found the papers and called him back- he's letting me slide and be there at 7:30. :) He said it makes a difference if I had refinanced or if this is the original mortgage. It's the original mortgage- no refinance- is that good or bad? He said he would tell me tomorrow but now I'm nervous.

I did receive a tiny hope for a job lead today though.