Speaking of Dance...have any of you watched "Dance Moms"?

DDD

None of the eight kids were ever into dance or voice so I'm a bit shocked by the intensity of those kids, Moms and the Owner. I know it is a Reality Show but really ?? do children really take dance lessons six days a week and travel to competitions that often? Just curious. DDD

keista

I caught a bit of it the other day. Apparently if the moms pay that much for the lessons the kids do.

My friend's daughter takes dance. Before competition/performances they have practice 3 days per week. Otherwise it's 1-2xs, depending on the program she's in. But theirs is a small community company for "fun". They are not looking to win national titles.

KTMom91

I watch it. Hubby has a folder in the DVR labeled "Train Wreck TV" for things like this. Those moms are even nuttier than the Toddlers and Tiaras moms. I wonder how many of those girls are really into dancing, or if their moms are just pushing them. That one mom, Christi, is seriously bitter about nearly everything.

DammitJanet

You know I am into it...lol. I watch Toddlers and Tiara's and Dance mom's religiously. I dont think I would push Keyana that hard unless she was extremely talented and showed some kind of over the top gift for it. I dont think any of those girls do with the except of that one little girl Mattie. At 8, she is pretty darned talented.

The moms on that show are idiots. I dont get that one mom Cathy who owned or still owns her own dance studio but brings her kids Vivian to this studio at what 5/6 years old? The kid doesnt even want to dance! Cathy isnt a team player and is causing problems between the other moms. Weirdo. Then we have the alky moms...lol. I really cant blame the teacher for feeling like she has to control the entire bunch of them.