SpEd Teacher resigned

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
The only positive thing in this situation was the sped teacher, and she just resigned.

She's going to the next district that has the alternative school, tho, and will be in a district wide position dealing with behavioral kids. The county case manager has a contact at the alternative school and is going to see if her position will have anything to do with placing kids there.

Right now, aside from being sick, that's the only possible good thing I can see in this. This leaves Wee to be represented to the new SpEd teacher by a whole boatload of people who don't get him, don't understand him, or just plain don't want him.

Marguerite

Frankly, Shari, this sends a strong message that t his school is non-compliant and a total dead loss for Wee and kids like him.

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Another good thing about this is that I now have zero reservations about sending the nasty letter the advocates had me write. (sped teacher was my only reservation about it...that's a moot point now).

Waiting on input from the advocates as to what the next move is. Looking at a couple other districts and working with EIP director where Wee is going to summer camp on options.