Speech program

Dara

Well, it is our first week not going downtown for therapy 3 times a week and I have to say that Sammy and I are a lot more relaxed. He now goes to his regular school 3 times a week and the elementary school for the speech program for 2 hours on tues and turs. It is so much better. No rushing, no being in the car for 3 hours a day. Sammy and I are having some real bonding time which is something we really need since our relationship is quite rocky to say the least. He seems to really like this program. There are 4 kids in the class all 3 and 4 and it is 2 hours of intensive speech and self help skills. Sammys language has been improving in the last 2 weeks so we are happy there and he has been so cuddly with me lately so I am ecstatic! He has been coming up to me tackeling me with hugs and saying I yuv you mommy. :smile: It melts my heart! I just had to share this. I am so happy he is more relaxed this week, of course I am cautiously optimistic because it could change in an instant but I am enjoying the here and now for sure!

jannie

trying to survive....
What a great update--I'm glad he's had a nice transition into a new program. It sounds like you made a really good decision by changing his schedule. So glad you're getting extra hugs and kisses.

susiestar

Roll With It
HOW WONDERFUL!!! This is something to write about in your diary or his baby book. These are the times we look back on to keep us going in the hard times. I am so glad that you are having a lot of success with the new program and with less stress. I think any of my kids would be wound up with 3 hours in the car every day.

Susie