Speechless

slsh

member since 1999
thank you. No piercings. Normal clothes. Looking healthier than I've seen him in years. Wanting a ride to local hardware store to talk to ... the boss... about... his hours. :faint:

But first... can we quick stop at home ... to remove.... his beloved black nail polish. :faint: :faint:

He looked *so* good. Really *really* good.

Not going to get my hopes up, but just savoring this one day where he sure does look like he's heading in the right direction.

He thanked me about 50 times for the ride. :faint:

JJJ

Wow! I almost didn't open the post cause I was scared of what he did now.

Yippee!!! a great day :)

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm with JJJ. I was afraid to read what he did now. Good news is good news. Way To Go thank you.

slsh

member since 1999
LOL, you guys who were worried about another stunt. I'm thoroughly enjoying this stage of detachment. We have a very firm don't ask/don't tell policy in place here, and it's working pretty good. Stress levels re: thank you are really at an all time low. What's kind of funny is now that we don't ask about the nitty gritty details of his life, he's making more of an effort to do stuff he thinks will please us (like get a job, get a GED, go to college). He moved back down to our village last month (not our home) and he kept wanting to make sure it was "okay" with- us. I keep telling him that what he does now has absolutely nothing to do with- us. We love him unconditionally, period. If he wants to join a circus and that makes him happy - great! We want him to be happy, by *his* definition of happy. Our approval is meaningless - in fact, approval isn't even part of the equation anymore. It's not our place to approve or disapprove - it's his life and we hope he makes the very most of it, on his terms.

He's struggling with- the concept. Poor kid - his timing always has been off.

But it sure does warm my heart when he looks as good as he did today. :bigsmile:

DammitJanet

LOL...another one who was afraid to open the thread!

I do hope you got pics. I so love taking pics to show grandkids. Cory and Jamie already are doing the "DO NOT show them THAT!" LOL.

So happy thank you is on a happy path.