Spending Mother's Day with 3 parrots

Abbey

Spork Queen
No kids...just parrots. Sigh. (true online bird commentary while I write this.)

I have the two boys upstairs calling me constantly because they know I'm here.

"Hey Deb...Hey Deb...hello? Whatcha doing? Deb? You here? Hello? I'm a good boy. Chup chup wants a scritch and a sip. Hey Deb...kiss kiss. You hoo...Deb? Deb? Hello? Hey Deb. I'm a good chup chup. Where's my treat? Hey Deb. Hey Deb. Shut up, Blackjack. Hey Deb. Hello? Hey Deb. SHUT UP BLACKJACK. Hello? Deb? Boys, boys boys...we're good boys. SHUT UP BLACKJACK! You think that's funny?" (Now I feel guilty. I'm ignoring them and Keno is scolding blackjack in increasing volume.)

One downstairs cussing up a storm because I haven't let her out in the last half an hour. I can't even type what she's saying. I'd have to bleep every other word.:mad:

This is all in the space of under 5 minutes. They also have calls that they do to each other. Hard to describe, but one will do one whistle and the other responds with a seperate whistle and it never changes. So, toss in the calling with all the talking...I'm tired. I need ear plugs.

Happy BirdMommy Day to me.

Abbey

Andy

I can share my Extra Strength Tylenol. That is about the worst thing I hate about having a pet in the house. When difficult child and husband left for church this morning, difficult child put puppy away (meaning locked up at the foot of the stairs). Fortunately, I was quiet enough that she didn't realize I was still home or I would have had to listen to whining. I hate being quiet on purpose.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Just keep on watching the Dead Parrot Skit. At least they didn't suddenly realize that their 12y.o. sister is incredibly pretty and decide to mention their gun and their shovel during Mother's Day dinner. SIGH!

Marguerite

Instead of three parrots we have two budgies. And because we've been busy (and often away from the house) plus difficult child 3 has had a bad cold, they haven't been getting handled as much as usual. So now I have a little more time, it's back to millet training for the pair of them. Luckily Buddy is a fast learner. Unfortunately, so is Daisy, I think she's learned to open my bathroom cabinet and is trying out my make-up. I'd swear my eyeliner has gone missing, and I found a sachet of moisturiser with beak-holes in it...

But for noise you can't beat our local railway station and its avenues of trees. At sunset they fill with Rainbow Lorikeets all arguing over whose turn it is to sit on that patch of branch, and who gets to nibble the fruit in the tuckeroo trees. Just the flapping of their wings is loud, there are so many of them, but then they set to squawking and you can't make youself be heard over them. They drown out the sound of the trains.

The only things noisier (maybe) are Flying Foxes (in the same numbers), our large fruit bats. I've visited a woman who had some of these living in her house (she was nursing them back to health plus raising some babies). It was very disconcerting when they hung from the rafters like so many discarded umbrellas, then occasionally would fly across the room to land on her, asking for a piece of banana... that sort of thing doesn't go on these days, not with Lyssa Virus such a concern.

Enjoy your fids, Abbey.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if they're doing calls like that? I hope they got an "ALL TELL" family plan- and don't squawk up the land line.

Shut up blackjack - Ohhhhhh I like him.
lol