Spending Thanksgiving alone

susiestar

Roll With It
husband and the kids went to his Dad's about an hour away.

I was supposed to go. I had to take Jessie to the pediatrician and the appointment took 2 hours - first they told us the wrong appointment time, so we were there 50 mins before we went back, and then the doctor kept trying to find some info and kept going in and out of the room.

Basically the shaking is "extra paramital movement" caused by amityptiline. So stop that and take 25-50 mg benadryl every 4 hours until it stops.

We came home, I was EXHAUSTED and having severe muscle spasms.

husband was mad. His grade school buddies were getting together. It was supposed to be at 11:30 but they changed it to 1:45 and husband didn't tell me about the change. He instead went outside right by my OPEN window - and he knew it was open because he said something through it to me and I answered.

Then he proceeded to tell the person on the phone how he had to wait, his wife was being a pain about it, didn't want him to see his friends, etc...

***???

I called him in and told him to just go. He said What? I don't mind waiting.

BS

I called him on what he said to the ohter person - said if I had KNOWN I would have moved Heaven and Earth to get him there, but since he didn't tell me he can't blame me. Period. and since I am such a problem he can have his holiday with-o me. PERIOD.

I couldn't STAND at that point because my legs and back were spasming so bad. I do have a new medication to try, but didn't want to take it and then get in the car and drive for an hour incase it did something funky.

So he is gone, with the kids. I hope they have fun. husband and I will fight it out on Friday. If he had just said ANYTHING I would have forced my way through the spasms, or done almost ANYTHING to get us there. Or get him there and us there later.

LittleDudesMom

Susie, I can't tell if you are bummed about being alone for Thanksgiving or secretly smiling to yourself. Sorry husband was being such a dummy. Hope you are feeling better. Maybe a day of quiet relaxation, watching movies and napping, is just what you need. Thanksgiving is not just about food - it's for being thankful. Heck, a whole day of quiet to do what you want seems to fit that bill!

Sharon

Abbey

Spork Queen
Susie, I can't tell if you are bummed about being alone for Thanksgiving or secretly smiling to yourself. Sorry husband was being such a dummy. Hope you are feeling better. Maybe a day of quiet relaxation, watching movies and napping, is just what you need. Thanksgiving is not just about food - it's for being thankful. Heck, a whole day of quiet to do what you want seems to fit that bill!

Sharon

Ditto. Take the day for YOU. (Well...maybe a few board friends, too.)

susiestar

Roll With It
Actually I am not sure how I feel either. Somewhat bummed, as I was looking forward to visiting my inlaws (they are neat people) but time alone is nice sometimes. I plan to rest, watch a movie and stitch, and see what happens.

Hugs to all.

Jena

wow your alone. maybe this isn't such a bad thing afterall. Relax, eat take time for you.

I'm sorry you guys got into a fight like that, and yes i'm sure that by friday things will have cooled down.

so, is that the answer as to why jess goes through what she does??? finally.

M

ML

Enjoy your day! I have husband and his sons (26/27) and manster is in cali with dad. It's wierd not having him here. I am enjoying the down time but I'll be happy to have him come home Saturday. Love, ML

klmno

Susie- sorry- it sounds like a little too much going on and tensions getting the best of people. I agree with the others- take the day for yourself and relax, unwind, and enjoy!! Maybe you and husband can talk a little more this evening or tomorrow.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
He doesn't deserve you and you didn't deserve that kind of treatment.
Now what you do deserve is RAOUL!!!! A long hot bath and massage... just relax. Today is your day!

F

flutterbee

I'm sorry husband is being such a horses behind. That was totally out of line.

trinityroyal

What Toto said!
Sorry that H is being such a "snarf" (replace "snarf" with epithet of your choice), Susie.

Enjoy your day, relax and pamper yourself.
Sending many hugs, and relaxation vibes your way.

Trinity