Spending the night in Phoenix airport...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I am fried.

I'd drive the 8 hours to home, but seems they're out of rental cars.

PM me to find out which airline to NEVER fly.

:grrr:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry, that stinks. I did that once as a kid with my family, we spent the night at O'Hare-it was not fun. I hope they give you some sort of reimbursement, maybe free tickets for a future flight.

busywend

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this.

Good thing the trip was so well worth it, huh? Can you imagine this after a work trip? Yuck!

I hope you get pampered when you get home!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I wish I had known before now....I have a friend there. She would have put you up for the night.

Let us know when you get home and I hope everythng was uneventful....erm....or less uneventful than it's been so far.

Hugs

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow... That is awful! I spent 6 hours in Atlanta once in the middle of the night and it was horrible.

My Mom & Dad flew back from Colorado yesterday and were supposed to arrive at 3 PM... They got cancelled & re-routed and got in at 8:30. I wonder if it's the southwest US...???

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh shoot I wish I would have known! I am only 1 hour from Phoenix!

I would have come and got you! You could have lengthened you stay one more day! :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
No, Suz, they wouldn't put me up in a hotel. All they would do was give me a coupon for an undisclosed discount. And I had to find the hotel. At 2:00am. :mad: They also didn't offer any food to the passengers, although they did make one extra beverage (soda/water/juice/coffee) service while we were sitting in Tucson. If you wanted alcohol, you had to pay full price. They probably didn't want to encourage the already rowdy and sleep deprived passengers...

WO -- stinky doesn't even begin to describe it!

TM -- Yikes is right!

BW -- yes, at least I had the fond memories and funny emails to keep me laughing!

Nancy -- yup, I was the three-legged flyer... :laugh:

EW -- I am FINALLY home!

Step... yes, there were nasty thunderstorms in the southwest last night AND this morning. The thunder shook the Phoenix airport!

Mrs. Cat... I am so tired I am running on fumes now...

Toto -- that's so sweet, but I didn't think you'd enjoy driving an hour at 2:00am!

So after sitting for THREE hours on the tarmac in Tucson, we finally got refueled and then sent back to Phoenix, arriving around 12:15am instead of the 7:15pm originally scheduled arrival.

I was told that the 8:30pm flight I was SUPPOSED to have caught in Phoenix had STILL NOT LEFT, so I ran to the next terminal, huffing and puffing. Everyone was STILL waiting to board the plane because the flight crew I had just left was supposed to be staffing THIS plane and they weren't there yet. After about another 20 minutes, they announced the flight was CANCELLED due to "weather".

Then it took them another 90 minutes to rebook everyone and print out new boarding passes. The soonest flight they put me on was for 4:45pm TODAY. I didn't like that too much. So a nice man who I think normally does gate ramp stuff helped me out and got me a flight at 9am today to an airport closer to my house.

So by 3am I finally had a new boarding pass and went to the one all-night sandwich shop in the airport to have a bite, take my medications, and brush my teeth (can't tell you what a luxury it feels like after 20 hours). I got back to my terminal around 4am and laid down on the chairs to take a nap. I got about an hour in before people started showing up for work at the Starbucks stand nearby and cranked up their music. Then passengers started arriving for early morning flights. I found another flight at 7:30am going to my same airport and managed to get one of the last two remaining seats left!

Unfortunately, that flight ended up leaving an hour LATE. But at least I still got back to California by 9:45am (12 hours late), and then home by 10:15am (my mom lives close to that airport and she took me home).

This will surely add to the memorability of this trip! :p

Star*

call 911........call 911
Has anyone heard from GCV Mom today????

Check in with us CHICKEY when you arrive home !!!!!

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG :faint:

(((((hugs))))) I certainly hope you get some much deserved spoiling once you're home after all of that. ugh

gcvmom

Here we go again!
LIsa, I don't think that will be on the menu until husband has fully recuperated from this bug he's had the last 48 hours. :( This place is a wreck... like I'm really surprised, huh?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well that is even lamer! If you were in Tucson, I was only about 20 minutes away!!!
I could have rescued you or at least come and hung out! I would have jumped at the chance... Shoot.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so glad you're home. What an awful experience. I hope your husband is over his bug enough that he's not contagious- that would really cap off your long weekend.

HUGS.

witzend

We did that at LAX once. Long story short, it took us 3.5 hours to get a cab to a hotel due to "hyped up security measures", I mean "heightened" and we got to sleep for 1 hour before we had to turn around and head back to the airport.