Spent 12 hours in ER.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
only to have kt discharged AMA because the only open bed in the state was almost 200 miles away. They were going to transport kt via ambulance & I was to follow to get her admitted.

It was now midnight & that wasn't going to happen I asked that kt be admitted to a medical bed & be put on watch. Wasn't going to happen ~ hospital administrators wouldn't allow that.

kt is hallucinating, talking to & hearing our cat answer back about the bird that is following her.

kt is beyond sedated this morning ~ I have calls into psychiatrist, therapist & mental health care team.

Just needed to vent ~ a kids needs to be stabilized & the closest bed is 200 miles away.

susiestar

Roll With It
((((((((((hugs))))))))))

that is nuts. 200 miles is way too far from her treatment team. No way a new team of docs could handle her, not as complicated and advanced as her problems are. And this is NOT the time to start training new people.

Sending hugs, support and prayers that you are all safe and taht kt comes through this and the bed she needs opens up very soon. I am so sorry.

DDD

They just have to give you a backup team member who can step up to the plate in unusual circumstances like "an all nighter". I don't know how you get that backup but I really think that it has to be a priority. I fear for your health, my friend. DDD

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm so sorry. This highlights the sad state of affairs for mental health care right now.. all these faicilities closed down, not enough beds.

I hope they can find her a place soon.

susiestar

Roll With It
Please contact YOUR health care team and the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) advocate so that they can help you work through all of this with-o endangering your health. Make sure that someone is available to step in when needed so that you are not worn down to the point of needing hospitalization yourself.

nvts

Linda, many prayers and gentle hugs for you...I'm always amazed at your strength and I am really in awe at how you keep it all together.

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks ladies.....

Just returned from an emergency psychiatrist appointment with mental health case manager in attendance (he works in the same office). It's become a matter of urgency as kt is exhibiting psychosis with or due to her ongoing mania (not sure which).

The hard part is that kt is aware enough to be able to refuse treatment & isn't in threatening suicide or homicide. psychiatrist reminded me just how "sneaky" kt is & that all bets are off. The man is a sweetie as he was called from another appointment to meet with me, his nurse practioner & mental health case manager. kt & her Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker were in the lobby playing dolls. kt has regressed to a 6 year old at best.

DDD, I would love backup. Mental health CM is seeking 24/7 nursing here at the house as we cannot find a bed. psychiatrist doesn't want an acute care facility ~ kt needs a month or more to stabilize. He reminded me how much progress kt has made & we need to keep fighting.

Susie, kt's team has been notified. My Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) mentor & the brain injury association will research the situation but SW there didn't think there was anything they could do other than support me (via someone to drive, sitting with me at hospital). That support would be sorely welcomed. She was looking into that for me.

15 minutes at a time, ladies...15 minutes at a time.

KTMom91

Just saw this, Linda...sending hugs and strength. Hope you're able to get everything in place quickly and kt stabilizes soon.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh my Linda, the fun never ends, does it? I'm so frustrated they couldn't at least get her a medical bed. My sister works very part time at a hospital near you and they often get children while they are waiting for a bed. So sorry things are not getting better. Sending continued prayers and hugs your way.

Steely

Sending so many hugs and prayers. Please let us know how things go. I think and lift up your family often.

TerryJ2

Linda, I'm glad you were able to have a mtng and that you are putting a plan in place, even if it's not what you wanted. You've got to be the squeaky wheel on this one, you know.
I feel so badly for all of you.
Many hugs.

pepperidge

Linda, I'm sorry, it never seems to end. Was kt slowly going downhill over the last few months or did there seem to be some major upheaval? Seemed like for awhile things were going better. Wonder if her little adventure in the park sparked some real PTSD type stuff.

I am so sorry they can't get a bed.

Hugs to you. I hope they find a bed soon and you can have a respite.