Spent the day at the Dr's...some results now...some next week, I guess.

DDD

Guess I'll know about the numbness/tingling after I have the nuclear stress test next week. Dr. thinks my issues may be cardiac but doesn't know for sure yet. I'm not a good patient, lol, and am pooped from the various tests.

One result I got was weird. The bone density test shows that I have gained 30% density in my upper regions....and lost 30% in my hips. WTH? I asked how that was possible and basically he explained that it has to do with the functioning of different regions in the body. I'm going to have to start taking medications. Bummer. The mamo wasn't as uncomfortable as usual due to a new machine, I guess.

Yeah, I know, I am lucky to have gone this long with-o any "conditions". on the other hand I've always kinda thought that God gave me a healthy body in order to deal with the extraordinary stress in my life. Oh well, guess I'll know more next week. Meanwhile tomorrow it's time to pack for the four day wedding celebration of our oldest gd. I hope I can pull up the energy to enjoy the trip and excitement. DDD

buddy

Have a wonderful time at the wedding, such a special time. I hope there is nothing serious with your heart, and such a kind heart it is! sorry it is time to take medications, kind of stinks but thank heaven there are medications that can help.

Stay healthy and have tons of fun!

Nancy

Yeah that's a strange bone density result. I have those every two years because of bone loss and I was due last year but with all difficult child's medical bills we didn't have the money. I'm anxious to see what mine shows. The good news is I was on actonel and actually had new bone growth. I hope they get to the bottom of the tingling and it's something they can manage with medications, although I'm not a good medication person either.

Have a wonderful time at the wedding. How far away is it?

Nancy

klmno

OMG- DDD- you have defied gravity!!

I'm glad you went to a dr about this- you just never know when it could be a neglible, passing thing or a sign of something that could lead to something serious if not addressed early on.

I noticed that the last time I had a mammo, it wasn't so bad either- maybe they finally improved it all-TG!

Good luck next week and keep us posted!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have to smile at the bone density test. Not your results or that you have to have medications now, but I remember when mother in law's doctor invested in his equipment. He asked mother in law to try it out because he was certain she would have horrible results due to advanced age (he didn't tell her that until he got the results). Hers came back perfectly normal. lol

I hope you have a splendid time at the wedding and enjoy each and every moment. :)

Hugs

DDD

We leave Thursday for the celebration. Thursday at 5 is the rehersal and at 7 is the rehersal dinner. Friday is clam linguine night at the home of the bride & groom to be. Saturday is the big wedding starting at 5 and probably lasting to the wee hours. Sunday morning is a family brunch. Whew! Then we drive three hours home and hope that Ace is fine, the house and the business are fine as difficult child#1 is in charge.

We are staying at the same hotel as the other kids and gkids. It should be exhausting, lol, but nice. I just hope they all remember that husband and I are early to bed and late to rise people. Somehow, however, I imagine they expect us to keep up with them...have backgammon and scrabble competitions in our room....and at least a couple of them will likely expect we'll be drinking party animals. They're in their 50's (like most of you guys, lol) and haven't realized that an extra 20 0r 30 years kinda reduces your gusto. LOL DDD

Thanks for the good wishes.

klmno

I'm not sure I could handle all that now at my age! I have been walking medication buildings for a year and it has left me with a 'click' in my knee that sounds like a mechanical joint- and I have had no operations or metal in my legs. Your energy is inspiring!

Wiped Out

Staff member
DDD,
Enjoy the wedding! Keeping good thoughts about the tests. I don't keep up very well and I'm not even 50 yet. I like my early bedtimes!