Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken

Wiped Out

Staff member
The other day I posted on the good morning thread I was trying a new oven fried recipe. Several asked me to post it here in the wc so here it is. (It turned out really good!)

Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken

Ingredients for 8 servings:

1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk

2 tsp hot pepper sauce (we left this part out)

8 (5 ounce) skinless bone-in chicken thighs (I used boneless).

1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs

1/2 cup ground almonds

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp. freshly gound pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 425. Line a roasting pan with foil; spray the rack of the roasting pan with non stick spray and place it in the pan. (I don't have a rack so I just sprayed the pan and skipped the foil.)

2. Combine the buttermilk and hot pepper sauce (we eliminated the hot pepper sauce because husband doesn't like things too spicy) in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, turning to coat; set aside.

3. Combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt, and pepper on a shallow plate (I used a huge ziplock bag). Dip the chicken into the crumb mixture turning to coat all sides. Discard the excesss buttermilk mixture and bread crumb mixture. Place the chicken on the rack; lightly spray the chicken with non stick spray.

4. Bake 20 minutes then lightly spray the chicken again with nonstick spray. Bake until golden and an instant read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 180 degrees about 25 minutes longer.

WW points-5