***Spit warning***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
...if you are eating or drinking anything, be sure to swallow before you read further...

So...it's Christmas Eve and Rob, his fiance and 20 month old daughter are at my house. We are having a great time talking, opening gifts and fawning all over my precious granddaughter who is all bejeweled in the dress up stuff she just received. Life is good.

Rob leans back on the couch, heaves a sigh of satisfaction and pride and says, "Mom, I don't get it. Raising kids is EASY. I don't know why people complain. It's tiring, yes, but otherwise, it's EASY."

:hammer::stopglass::rofl: :hammer::hammer:

And there you have it!

Suz

buddy

HOLY SCHMOLY..... Well, here's the thing. IF he really doesn't know...then you did your job well. And with all of his diagnosis... the fact that he has this beautiful happy child... WOW

I love that so much.

Steely

:stopglass:
OMG ---- I might have fallen off my chair. Wowza.

But gosh - I am so glad he is doing so well. THAT is happy.

slsh

member since 1999
Oh Suz.... I'm sitting here grinning and shaking my head. Bless his heart. I'm tickled that he's getting to enjoy pride and satisfaction in his little cherub, and I truly am glad that he's thinking it's easy... but you simply must share with us again in... oh, say about 10-11 years. :rofl: :angrygirl:

DammitJanet

lol. Yes. But I must say that I think the difficult child's do get the laid back kids...especially girl babies. Now 20 months is pretty young to be declaring he has parenting down pat but he may have received a laid back easy kid. Its also my opinion the girls are easier than the boys.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl:

I'd tell him to get back to you on that once she hits puberty. muahhahhhaaahhhaa

Of course she's easy! She's 20 months old for pete's sake. lol

Kathy813

Staff member
OMG, Suz . . . all that complaining about difficult child was for nothing. There's nothing to raising a child. I must just not have been very good at it. LOL

I had just told my difficult child that I wouldn't wish what we had gone through with her on anybody . . . even her. But, after Rob's comment . . .

Let the games begin. :bigsmile:

by the way, it's good to see you.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Thanks, gals. I don't have over 13,000 posts here (not to mention about 10,000 other posts that got erased because of computer issues over the years) because Rob was easy to raise so I must not have done it right either. (but thanks Buddy for thinking I might have! :) )

OMG, I am still laughing as those of you who went through the trenches with me know.

on the other hand, you would be so proud.....I smiled and BIT MY TONGUE :angel: ...

...while you know exactly what I was thinking. :devil:

XXX
Suz

Nancy

ROFL I was just going to ask you what your reply was but tongue biting is good.

on the other hand he certainly has come a looooong way Suz. He gives us all reason to hope.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
haha....the fiance does most of it now, that's for sure, but I have to give Rob credit because he really dotes on his little girl.

She is currently going through the "prefer Mommy stage". Rob admitted that it hurts his feelings even though he knows that it's common. I wanted to mention that he didn't understand hurt feelings until his child lies to him or steals from him or tells him how much he/she hates him...but I didn't. :angel:

To be honest, with all of his attachment issues (Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)) growing up, I am thrilled that he seems to have attached himself to his daughter and his fiance (5 years now). I am KNOCKING ON WOOD!

I have also learned to not ask the questions I'm not sure I know (or want to know) the answer to, if you get my drift. It has made a world of difference.

Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I look forward to your update on him in about, oh, 12 or 13 more years when things REALLY get interesting with kids. :winks:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yeah, I hope I live long enough to squelch the million "I told you so's" when she is a teenager. LMAO!

S-

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
So I take it in a moment of sheer frustration and anger you didn't lay the Mother's Curse on him....you know, the one that goes "I can't wait till you have kids that are just like you?"

ROFLMBO.. I don't know how you didn't crack up with laughter :)

Marcie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Marcie, of course I cursed him but my powers have never been that adept so I was foiled again. lol

...and it very difficult to suppress the pig snorts...

HMBgal

...if you are eating or drinking anything, be sure to swallow before you read further...

So...it's Christmas Eve and Rob, his fiance and 20 month old daughter are at my house. We are having a great time talking, opening gifts and fawning all over my precious granddaughter who is all bejeweled in the dress up stuff she just received. Life is good.

Rob leans back on the couch, heaves a sigh of satisfaction and pride and says, "Mom, I don't get it. Raising kids is EASY. I don't know why people complain. It's tiring, yes, but otherwise, it's EASY."

:hammer::stopglass::rofl: :hammer::hammer:

And there you have it!

Suz

And you let him live? You're a good woman.

Kathy813

Staff member
Do you think that he would write a parenting book for the rest of us?

by the way, I thought that parenting was easy for the first 13 years. It has just been the last 13 years that have kicked my butt.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Parenting IS easy, doncha know...

For NON PARENTS and those who HAVEN'T parented a difficult child...

Thanks for the spit warning, I waited to read till I swallowed my coffee and I am glad I did!!!!!!

DDD

Ya know what?? I used to think the same way when I had easy child#1. When easy child#2 came along it was a bit more challenging. on the other hand IF I had known about difficult child's when I was 23 I would flown to the nearest "fix me" hospital and maybe lived an "easy" life. Ignorance was bliss, lol.

Sounds like he is doing so well now, Suz. I am so happy for you and hope 2012 is the best year ever. DDD