Spoke to SpEd this am about BT's take on Wee and M

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
and she agrees with everything BT said, including that he probably perseverates on M so much that classroom time is going to be difficult to get, at best. Yet moving him is going to be a huge disruption, too, if they would even do it.

I guess I'm going to ask Wee how he'd feel about going to a new classroom.

Last edited by a moderator:

BusynMember

Shari, I am so sorry, but I missed something. Who is M? Is your little guy hallucinating, poor thing?

My friend has a son who hallucinates a lot and he is in day treatment. He can't really concentrate on school. (((Hugs)))

I hope I guessed wrong.

mstang67chic

Going Green
MM, M is a little girl in Wee's class that won't leave him alone.

Why don't they move HER to a different class? SHE's the one causing trouble here.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I wish I knew why they didn't move her. Or him at Christmas break, when a move would have been LOGICAL.

I think getting them to move her will be difficult because they have upped the observation and she's not actually getting to Wee as much as she was before. But the damage is done; she doesn't have to get to him like before to be effective.

Anyway, they didn't move either one, and once again, I'm stuck trying to pick up pieces and figure out what to do about it now. Move Wee, and risk a whole new can of worms, or not move Wee, and likely waste at least half of the remaining time at school this year?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I would PUSH for them to move her. And if they won't, I think her presence is WAAAAY more disruptive than a move would be for wee.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm going to ask Wee. If his perception of a move is positive, then I'll at least make the request.

It may not change a dang thing. His behavior may not change one iota; the pressure of disrupting his routine and relationships may be as much as dealing with M; I don't know. But we do know that this isn't working.

DammitJanet

Is he in first or second grade?

How many classrooms of this grade do they have in this school? Will she be in his specials anyway? Heck...I cant remember them doing that when my kids were in early grades! Maybe they took all the first graders out at once for recess...dont remember!

Im wondering just how much contact he will still have with M anyway. Obviously if she or he is moved from the home classroom it will solve the main issue but what about the lunch, recess, halls, art, music, etc time. Will she be there?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
He's in second grade.

If they are in seperate classrooms, they would only possibly encounter each other at lunch and recess. Otherwise, the classes are kept seperate.

I would venture a guess, tho, that if one or the other is moved, M will step it up, too, and make more advances, which is all she has to do now to set Wee off. They are in a classroom of 25 kids and she insists on talking to/about him most of the time I am around.

smallworld

Shari, because this is a public forum, I think it best if we not use the other child's real name. I'm going to edit it to her initial and suggest you use that from here on out.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No problem! I have a hard time following "characters" with just an initial, so I give mine made-up names if they are going to be around the set for a while.

M(alory) seems to be sticking around.