Squash anyone???

Abbey

Spork Queen
My inlaws came back from the 'woods' early. Yippee!! (insert cartwheels)

Ding dong (they actually rang). I get this HUGE bag of squash. I DON'T EAT SQUASH! So, I'm supposed to go over for squash cassarole at 5pm. This should be loads of fun. We'll probably play Scrabble after that. Then maybe the Memory Game...except none of us will be able to remember what we're supposed to be doing.

Sorry...I'm being a whiny behind right now. Not that I'm not usually this way, but I'm looking for emphathy. Please.

Abbey

klmno

This is a major change in lifestyle- I don't blame you for having a hard time with it. It sounds like the adjustment would be easier if there actually had been an adjustment stage, rather than a sudden culture shock. I'll try to help look at the bright side-

Does this mean that you don't have to take care of the cat anymore? Can you take a salad and bread to go with the casserole and get full on that? What about wine, then get a headache early on...

Abbey

Spork Queen
It IS a huge culture shock. I'm not saying I don't like it...but I just need to get in the groove.

Everything was so fast paced in Vegas. Everything is SOOOO SLLLLOOOOW here.

Just talked to husband. He's on the road to come here. (insert big sigh) Should be here by Tuesday. Then I start work on Wednesday. Guess real life is about to hit me in the rear.

The cat? If that thing comes near me I'll drop kick it. Venom cat.

Now off to squash.

Abbey

everywoman

Me, I love squash, fried, grilled, in a casserole, raw----

I hear your whine---want some cheese to go with it and that squash???

I'll search online for a cat repellent while you're gone.

ctmom05

Hiya,

If you cut the squash into small pieces and boil it, there are many recipes that you can add it to; like soups and sauces.

I actually look forward to slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Put enough cheese in the squash casserole and it will taste great......actually I never really cared for squash either, but I'm warming up to it.....fried zuchinni is sounding real good right now....

M

ML

You can make bread out of it. I'm sorry you're having adjustment pains. Hang in there and try to stay positive. Empathy hugs coming from Colorado :) ML

nvts

Summer squash and zucchini squash are great if you slice them, put a little margarine in a pan melt it down, throw in the squash and sprinkle an envelope of Good Seasons Salad Dressing mix on it. Put the lid on and let it steam!

Fried zucchini is fantastic with a mayo/horseradish dip!

Abbey! Can you try claiming you forgot to go because you thought you were supposed to bring the memory game and couldn't remember where you put it?

Just a shot!

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
An aunt of mine gave me an entire squash and zucchini cookbook. EVERY recipe is for squash. It is NOT short.

I don't DO squash. Everything about it is yucky to me. I WILL make zucchini bread, but I won't eat it. It is a labor of love.

2 years ago husband planted 4 squash plants and 4 zucchini plants. He grew them, tended them lovingly. Brought them in.

And was done with them.

I was supposed to do something with them!! EEEEK!!!

I ended up putting them in his trunk to give away at work. He was very surprised, but only kept a few to eat himself.

It is an adjustment. Glad husband will be there soon.

Hey, after you get adjusted to Minnesota, then you can come down to OK and adjust to how much slower it is here!!! My cousin in Minn can't believe how much slower life is here, LOL!!!

DammitJanet

By a iguana and feed the squash to it!

I actually love squash...well depending on what type. I do like most of them except spaghetti squash. If you really dont like yellow (crookneck) squash, then slice it thin and fry it up and eat it with ranch dip and its a yummy snack. Almost like a green tomato.

Abbey

Spork Queen
These things are like logs. They're huge.

MIL1 was not happy as I left before dessert. I don't do dessert.

Now my cell phone is nearly dead. I can receive a call, but can't make one out. Only half the screen shows up. I just ramdonling dial. I have to buy a new cell. (Star, get ready for the middle of the night call.)

Abbey

meowbunny

(((((ABBEY)))))

I'm with you. I don't like squash in any of its varieties. I can almost tolerate zuchini if it is smothered in spaghetti sauce and cheese.

Hon, you need to gain weight. The next time stay for dessert. It is a big thing, at least here in the South. You can actually skip dinner if you're there for dessert. No dinner -- okay, we forgive you. No dessert -- HOW DARE YOU?

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't know what kind. They're just BIG and green. I've got like 9 of these things. They're about a foot long each. I'll never be able to throw these things away without her knowing.

Yeah...got the call back last night. You coming back for cobbler? No...not tonight. Thanks for the offer. I'm just going to go sit with my squash.

You guys and your bread. I'll take my fake Wonderbread anyday over squash bread. Ack.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
No, not Vegan. They eat nasty sh*t. (sorry, but it's true)

I eat a lot of veggies, but not squash or zuchini. I guess it's the grainy feel to it. husband tried to make me some squash with brown sugar and butter. Ack. It's like eating a ball of string. Ok...I tend to be a bit fussy.;)

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I didn't realize I was psychic, but I have had a vision of the future.....I see a newspaper article about someone burying something in the backyard at midnight......the mother in law of the homeowers called the cops on the suspicious character........Three police cars show up on the scene and handcuff the culprit and unearth what was buried......5 pounds of zuchinni squash..........

Abbey, don't bury it in the backyard!!!!!!!

DDD

No matter where you live, there has to be a "soup kitchen" or a "church
pantry" or "a mission" etc. that would LOVE to have the squash. Then you will be in a win-win situation. You'll feel good personally for helping out the needy AND the family will think you are so so kind for sharing their
gift with those with needs.

Of course :D the relatives "might" decide to grow lots more so you can enjoy it personally. Yikes! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe they want you to come over to PLAY Squash and you thought they meant casserole?

Your athletic abilities astound me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9BqM6STHj8&feature=related"]YouTube - Squash-Willstrop vs. Matthew[/ame]

Nothing says I am family tough like going into a glass room and bashing your balls around.