Squirrel Cookies!!! MMMMMM....

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
They are healthy... they are delicious and they taste like little squirrels...
OK no they don't. The girls call them that for some reason, because they have stuff in them that we feed to the Squirrel's, But K and N both love them also as well as husband!!!
They have 97 calories each... and are for breakfast... or whatever!!!
They would be great with a glass of Non-fat milk or cup of coffee in the Morning, 2 and it would be a pretty good breakfast!!!
Or a good snack.

anyway here goes....

1 3/4 cups flour
1 3/4 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t salt
1/2 baking soda
1/4 cup butter softened unsalted
6 oz. reduced fat cream-cheese softened
1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup egg susbtitute
1 t Vanilla
3 cups uncooked regular oats
3/4 cups dried cherries
Vegetable cooking spray
1/2 cup chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda.
2. Beat butter, cream cheese, butter and sugar at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in oats and dried cherries..
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; gently flatten dough into circles. Sprinkle about 1/2 t. chopped pecans onto each dough circle, gently pressing into dough.
4. Bake, in batches, at 350 for 13 to 14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove cookies from baking sheets to wire racks, and let cool 10 minutes!!! ENJOY....:exercisebike::treadmill::thanksgiving1:

OK it is not a pie... but darn they are good... just limit your self...It says you can in the freezer for up to one month!!!

I am adding them to my list off healthy foods... I try to cook things that have healthy mostly natural ingredients, that everyone in the house can eat.

LittleDudesMom

They do sound good. I would venture they are about 2 points each since they are so rich in ingrediants. Thanks for the recipe.

Sharon