SSI & SSDI for Adult ADHD

DammitJanet

That would be a hard one but it would be more about the amount of disability that it causes a person and how the doctor documents the case. A person would have to show that they are impaired so that they cannot hold a job and you can find the criteria on the social security website.

Greg I

I was wondering about that. My ADHD is combined with Static Encephalopathy (brain damage), Learning Disabilities, and 5 Memory Disorders, and Chronic Migraines. My symptoms are so severe that I can not stay on one task for nothing, and when I do start a task I pause and totally forget what I was doing. I have tried working and I am not lazy by no means. I am 26 yrs old and have worked since I graduated high school. I seemed to get by with working by myself and my conditions seemed to worsen. I would be very, very hyperactive and immature by dancing and prancing around on the job, forgetting work and tasks needed to be done, and unorganized. I seemed to be getting fired from my jobs because of my memory problems and has since caused stress and depression. I want to work and I try to put a handle on my disabilities but they control me. It being known as the 5 min man. Basically meaning give me 5 mins and I will forget about it. For instance I was working on electrical equipment and accidently touched two wires giving me a good shock, not 30 seconds went by and I did it again, and did it a third time. I guess electro-shock therapy doesn't work. lol.

Well I have filed my disability and will let you all know how it comes out.

Greg...

DammitJanet

When you combine all those things it can make a huge difference.

I hope you have a good lawyer helping with your case. Not sure where you live but check out disabilitysecrets on google for some clues.