St. John's Wort

crazymama30

I started taking St. John's Wort about 2 weeks ago, and I feel great. My hopelessness and sadness is gone, my patience level has gone up, and I no longer feel like I am in a fog. This is great.

I did more research and found out that SJW can cause birth control to not be effective. :angry-very: I cannot get pregnant. Does anyone know if this claim is true? I really like the fact that i have had no side effects, but if it means that I could get pregnant then I will go see a doctor and get put on an antidepressant. I have also been considering getting my tubes tied, and this makes me want to follow thru with that even more.

I just cannot afford the risk of getting pregnant.

LittleDudesMom

Do a google search - I actually remember when SJW became popular several years ago and folks were rushing to the health store to purchase it. A year or so later I remember hearing that there were certain medications that could be affected by it. I would check and see or call your obgyn.

Sharon

crazymama30

I did and found another good supplement, but it does not have as much research behind it. 5-HTP. It is the precursor to serotonin, so in theory should give you more serotonin, which is the same thing as the SSRI's do, they just do it in a different way. If this doesn't work, I will go get an antidepressant. I just do not like the possible side effects of them.