Star* My new favorite site!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK I am really scaring husband with this one... I told him if we move to Tucson I am Adopting a Burro... We had horses and Mules and Donkeys for awhile when I lived with my Dad... he treated them OK but when we would go hunting I watched the other hunters beat the Mules and donkeys. I hated it!!!
We had a Mule named Festus... I loved him... he was a difficult child, he had to be with us... very smart, broke out of everything, loved me, new I had treats!!!
Loved to kick people. Loved to play. Was very feisty... If you didn't have patience he was mean...

SO anyway they have a lot of donkey and burro rescue places here... so I keep saying, if we move here let's get some land and rescue one!!!! LOL

I also told him there is an African Grey Parrot available nearby... Abbey!!! He can ride on the Burro's back and bite him!!!
I love birds... husband said African Grey's are mean!!! Ha Ha

____

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha...was wondering if you were adopting the burro or the man. ;)

We have wild burros all around where we live. Some people think they are a nuisance (they hand around golf courses, etc) but I love seeing them. My easy child is always saying..."You think we might see some wild arse today?"

Honestly, I think my parrots could give them a run for their money. They don't back down much.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
When I get a home that can be a forever home Toto - I'm getting a donkey .

Thanks for this awesome site, and I fleck CURSES on anyone who is mean to an animal.

My future brother in law at the farm bought a donk - OH he was in love with me - brayed every single time he saw me. His name was skeeter. Skeeter was clever, beautiful and had a knack of getting out of his pen and finding a filly - today there are 2 little donkey/show horse babies and one of them is coal black.

Skeeter was sold to a man at auction - but a year and a half later my brother in law walked past him at another auction (can you tell this was a major difficult child donk?) and when brother in law went by Skeeter screamed, kicked, brayed for 30 minutes until he came to see him - THey called and told me MY donkey misses me and said to come get him. Even the farmer that bought him that day was told - if you can't get him to listen call us - we'll call my future sister in law - and he LISTENS to her. And the farmer said cutely - 'Well what's so special about her??" and my brother in law without a beat said "Anyone who can get that jackass of a brother of mine to settle down and live right - can tame this critter." End of story.

I WILL have a donkey - and get one for Beth too - she wants one.

Hugs

Star

totoro

I tried to explain to someone after I had riden a mule, how much better it was than a horse... they laughed at me. I said well suite yourself... I said well watch them. A mule watches where it goes, it pays attention, it has little feet, they clip clop... less impact on your body.. gentler ride they are more sure footed.. they fall less. In rough and harsh terrain they fall less... I would bet my money on a mule or donkey any day!!!
Well anytime we went hunting... Which animal fell? The horse!!!

Mind you I love both... I only shot picture!!! I was usually went because I loved the nature part of it!!! Bur the Mammoth Jacks and the little burros all of them much better than the poor horses...
I just love their furry little ears and faces!!!
I even love how they can kick you side ways!!! Horse can't do that!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toto -

My dream is to have a donkey - a Friesian and a Gypsy horse. I've been riding since I was 2 1/2. I have never had the pleasure of riding a donkey.

I wanted a miniature one for so long - and then someone told us with Bulldogs it would be the bulldogs that got hurt. So no donkey - DF was relieved. When he first brought home the baby pot belly pig - I made it a dog bed in my room. He grew to almost 400lbs. And now DF thinks if I get a mini donkey - it will be in the house - and I said.....OH you think so do you???

Okay then - so there's my difficult child permission slip to put the baby donkey in the house - lol. Dont tell me I haven't learned a thing or two from these kids.

Hee Haw.

Star

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Count me in. The little burros are just too cute.

Course, I love all critters, I think. Particularly of the equine variety.

Star, you're 2 "dream" breeds are the same as mine! Too funny. But my black and white baby will have to do for the next 20 years or so (however long he lives).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shari,

I've had 2 Appaloosas and one Morab. The Morab (Morgan Arabian) was the smartest, most loving fella - 400lbs under weight and I outbid the Alpo man for him. Three months later I rode him to the former owners home and she was in shock. She didnt tell me at the time - but her vet said to put him down they couldn't figure out why he stopped eating. I think it was depression - he certainly ate with us. We follow the show circuit of our friends who breed/show Tennessee Walkers....such athletes!!! I took (okay I DRUG) Df to a show once and after watching those magnificent horses in the ring - he was hooked.

I also have a passion for Paso Finos - but at this point I would take a grade gelding. Mares and I don't dosey do so well. But I've helped problem horses for a long time. Now if I could put blinders on the kid and a longe line, crack the whip I could communicate.

Df finally sold his paint last year- a stallion, crazy crazy boy - blue eyes, and red and white splotches - just a dandy -

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Too too funny.

Guess what my "black and white baby is"? LOL

(he's a spotted Walker - also registered Spotted Saddle)

I've never had an Arab, but I've handled a Morgan and they are incredibally smart. An appy (an UGLY poor soul, named Happy the Nappy Appy - A hideous site, but worth her weight in gold) taught my 4H kids to ride.

I'll just say, you have good taste! lol

totoro

We had a little Arabian about 15 hands. We had a a bunch of other horse a Paint that was beautiful, he would let you do anything with him. Of course Festus and Cutie, the Mules!!! LOVED them...
OMG I almost forgot!!!
My Arabian's NAME WAS!!!! STAR!!! "IMA STAR" She wasn't really mine, but I took care of her, she was real skittish, I took time with her.
We had a 2 quarter horses geldings, Charlie, a complete spazz and I am going blank on my Step- Mom's horse, he was Fabulous, She could shoot off of him!!! He was a Cutting horse...
My Father rode Cutie the Mule... Step Mom's horse was Doka... He was cool. Black... with some some reddish brown.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Toto, I didn't know you were a horse person too! There are several of us around here. Cool.

I envy your step-mom's horse. A cutter AND a shooter! Wow. Our local saddle club has a small group starting that are participating in the mounted shooting. I'm going to try to do that with my horse, but its gonna take a while!