Star was bad, but I was very, very, very

everywoman

good!!! Or either I have my husband really, really fooled.

For my birthday today I got a 3 ct. diamond solitaire surrounded by 1.7 carats in smaller diamonds.
:surprise:

I'm almost embarrassed to wear it. It is ginormous!!!!!
But I will force myself to wear it because husband is sooooooo proud.:whiteflag:

tiredmommy

EW, you shouldn't force these things. You obviously are deeply ashamed by the opulence of this gift. I say you should send it someone who has no shame... such as myself. :rofl:

everywoman

Insured today!!!

You know, I really can't hurt husband's feelings. I guess I will wear it out of obligation.

But ya'll, it's really, really big!!!

tiredmommy

You might want to be careful about taunting Star* in the title of this thread... she just might swipe your carats to feed her donkeys!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Birthday!! How exciting! Wow, for my birthday I got a $100 GC to a local spa, a $40 GC to a local nail salon, and that hideous orange bag. Hahaha - I'm glad you got bling!;)

Fran

Former desparate mom
I will be TM's second if she can't lift her hand because it's too heavy.:bigsmile:

"EW, you shouldn't force these things. You obviously are deeply ashamed by the opulence of this gift. I say you should send it someone who has no shame... such as myself."

Honestly, happy birthday. You deserve such a wonderful gift as a sign of appreciation from your husband for all your wonderful support and help. :bravo:

Jena

LOL i'm weak laughing.......... who said the gift exchange thread??

congratulations bling bling!!! Happy Birthday to you, :)

everywoman

Thanks ladies. I called easy child. They will find out tomorrow the sex of the new baby. I told him if its a girl, she has a pretty big inheritance coming. He asked why. I had jana send a picture to his phone. He was choked up to say the least. It's been a pretty good birthday for me!!

F

flutterbee

Make sure to take it off in the bathtub. You might drown with that rock on your hand!

Very, very nice present. Wear it with pride (and a little bragging).

Happy Birthday!

Marguerite

That sounds like a wonderful birthday present.

On a similar bragging note, I was with sister in law at the local beach this morning, we were standing at the edge with the waves turning to saltwater spa round our legs, as we watched the jetskis flash past through the aquamarine - and I said, "It's a hard life, but someone's got to do it."
She said to me, "I wonder what the poor people are all doing now?"
I replied, "We're at the beach, enjoying a summer morning. And now it's time to go home for some smoked salmon and salad."

Even though we've lived in this tiny, out-of-the-way seaside village for 30 years, every time I go to our local beach it looks exciting and new and I get the same happy thrill of, "What a lovely thing this is!"

I hope your ring makes you feel the same, every time you look at it.

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Somewhere I have a sling. I'll post it in the gift exchange post so you can avoid shoulder and muscle damage....

teehee

congrats on the rock.

(and I understand the "big" thing - I don't do "big" either.)