Starting my liquid diet today...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
and I'd completely forgot that I wasn't supposed to eat anything solid before I'd already eaten a small slice of bread this morning. :slap: Oh well... hopefully that doesn't muck up the prep for my scope tomorrow.

I'm not nervous about the procedure really. Had one before and even had an upper GI scope before, plus the three that I've helped difficult child 1 through. Old hat.

I AM anxious about knowing the results :anxious:, since I'm probably at the age where my cousin and uncle were when their's would have been detectable and treatable (but wasn't). They died at 49 and 51 respectively of colon cancer. And my dad, of course, we strongly suspect had that going on when he died last month at 68.

Who'll join me in my Miralax toast to good health (with a Dulcolax chaser of course)? :cheers:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yuck, yuck, and super yuck, BUT...I'm right there with ya in spirit.

We need you to be around a whole lot longer, so I'm thankful you're taking proactive measures to take care of you!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Actually, this prep is waaaay better than the one I had for my first scope when they gave me that nasty mag-citrate to gag down. Dulcolax is just a little gel cap you pop. And Miralax has no taste, color or odor, so you just mix it with your favorite clear beverage (tho vodka probably doesn't count) and you are good to go! Literally. :rofl:

KTMom91

My first thought, upon reading the title of your post, was that you had decided to start drinking seriously, and I was going to hop in my little red car, and come down and drink with you. But, since I don't want a colonoscopy, I think I'll stay home.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
ahhh the "colonoscopy" had one of those, the weight loss is kinda an added perk, although mine only lasted a week LOL How r u? Still have chickens?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yup, still have chickens, but down to 3, or maybe really 2.5 since one is lame and doesn't do much but sit around all day and occasionally hobble over to the water and food!

I am well, so far as I know, thanks. Fingers crossed, right? I'll take ANY kind of weight loss, though I know this one is temporary. But I was thinking that maybe it would be a good jump start to some lifestyle changes for me. Clean slate so to speak. We'll see...

Star*

call 911........call 911
I had my 1 year anniversary (weight loss) and the results were a bit ---------um........well? I'm at a loss. Literally and figuratively. I'll have to send you a picture.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You have plenty to crow about Star with all you've accomplished in your lifestyle overhaul.

I tend to get sidelined easily by the garbage that goes on around here. Just when I'm feeling grounded and focused and determined to make better choices for myself, some kind of difficult child drama flares up and I'm totally thrown off track.

Good news today, though. No signs of anything out of the ordinary at the end of my line so I get a 5 year reprieve :)

K

Kjs

I don't envy you right now. Praying for good results. Keeping you in my thoughts.

TerryJ2

Just when I'm feeling grounded and focused and determined to make better choices for myself, some kind of difficult child drama flares up and I'm totally thrown off track.

That's my theme song!

So, how's it going?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Eh. It's going. Last night I had dinner at a friend's house and well, let's just say the only "diet" things on the table were the crudites. Her husband works for a local Hilton as food & beverage manager so he brought home some really rich, really delish stuff for us to enjoy :) The entree was some kind of pastry puff filled with beef filet and goat cheese (I died and went to heaven), and my friend made a yummy scalloped potato dish, green salad, and a pineapple upsidedown cake-type dessert (which I had to pass on)... oh and lots of great wine. Sigh. A day of liquid diet and a post-procedure day of not much at all, and I more than make up for it in the calories of that one meal! I suppose the fact that my innards looked good to the doctor was cause for celebration (she so carefully justifies) -- right? RIGHT?!