Starting new medication tomorrow!!

Jena

finally met with old pysch doctor today and we are starting Zyprexa tomorrow!! yay! he said what do you wanna do? lol. i said i want a script for zyprexa.

so she'll be on 50mg. seroquel i'm dropping it down tmrw night from 100 to that and 2.5 of zyprexa to start in evenings only than we'll check it out in few days to see if it's working.

also refeeding therapist next week 2 appts. and regular therapist! here is hoping!!

puppies working and shakes are going down very smoothly and quickly. her minds' totally redirected. wont' touch solids yet!

small let's hope zyprexa does for C as it did for M :)

H

HaoZi

Kiddo's appetite could put a teenage boy to shame since she started on it, having a really hard time getting her to stop eating before her stomach hurts. High protein and high fiber foods don't help either. Hope it does for yours exactly what she needs it to.

Jena

i hope so too. and i used to tell difficult child when she ate to drink alot of water to curb that hunger from the seroquel that used to do it to her. also she'd lick peanut butter off a spoon. sounds silly just an idea. i'm hoping that it makes her anxiety lowered that is so bad and changes her distorted thinking around food. doctor wants to pull her after we hopefully get her better from this eating disorder

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Zyprexa might just do the trick. I put on an (unneeded) fifty lbs on the stuff before switching to Seroquel. Be aware that the modern atypical antipsychotics can cause physical swallowing problems as a (rare) side effect.

I had this and had to go onto an older AP as a result. Sadly, the weight hasn't left despite my trying pretty hard.

H

HaoZi

Kiddo does drink water, I'm lucky she hates soda. She'll also eat air-popped popcorn, but like me can't palate veggies, which would be the best thing for her munchies. She'll only eat one fruit, and only now and then for that one. She does love peanut butter, and eats her share of it.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Like I said, my swallowing ;problem from the APs is so uncommon that my psychiatrist had to look it up. He'd heard of it, but had never seen a case of it in 35 years

Jena

North let's just hope and yes pray at this point that doesn't happen to me. i think i'd finally crack up if that were the case. she tolerated last ap very well. here's hoping.

and she isnt' sleeping very well again so im ready to rip my hair out, our days are long and shes' up at midnight telling me she's hungry yet she wont' eat anything but lick peanut butter and keep my awake calling mom every two minutes. i want to scream some nights.

DammitJanet

Sleep may be a bipolar thing right now...I am having a really tough time myself. I was gonna ask GN what dose she was on for the temazepam

H

HaoZi

Mine does the late night thing with food, too. She tries to be cute about it most of the time, calling it "hun-gee" (which makes me laugh), but sometimes she's downright umm.... "cranky" about it.

Jena

hi

janet sorry to hear that. can you add vitamins and it def is the BiPolar (BP), always was the non sleep. pharmacy didnt' have the zyprexa in unfortunately. gotta wait it out. sux.