• 1970s

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • 1980s

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 1990s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cubsgirl

I'm 36 (37 next month) but no one outside of my family guesses that. I have gotten everything from 15-25. I get carded going to rated R movies sometimes (much to the embarrassment of the ticket agent when they find out how old I am). easy child looks older than I do.

I recently cut my hair short and I think that makes me look more my age. I work very part-time at a store that sells alcohol. I have had a customer try to "card" me to make sure I was old enough to sell him alcohol. LOL.

keista

I'm a "baby" from the 60's. Born in 69 so the 70's might as well be my decade.

Buddy, not all states allow same sex partners to adopt. FL is still in the Dark Ages that way.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Cubsgirl - LOL! I understand... I get carded, too. And I say thank you a lot when they start stammering. :wink:

I won't cut my hair, though... I like it long. And so does husband.

DammitJanet

Jo...how can you be almost 2 years younger than me and we were born in the same year? LOL. You must be a December baby! Tony always says he got an older woman because I am born in January and he is born in September...both in 62!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DDD - I always got the impression, from the way you speak coupled with your signature, that you were maybe late fifties, early sixties. Younger than MY parents.

DDD

Hmmmmmmmm. If Keista is sliding from '69 to the 70's does that mean that my 1940 should put me all by myself in the 30's??? Yikes, that would be TOO lonely, lol.

Step, my writing is 50ish, my telephone voice is 40ish, my appearance is 60ish but, alas, there's no denying that this month I'll be 71. Time flies when you aren't having fun. DDD

buddy

:bdayparty: I saw there was a birthday calendar on the board? Do we get cake? I wanna sign up, teehee.
I noticed several with my birthday and one the same year, fun.

donna723

"Tony always says he got an older woman because I am born in January and he is born in September...both in 62!"

Janet, my grandparents had a running joke between them like that for decades. She was born in June of 1885, he was born in January of 1886. Even when they married at age 23, he teased her by calling her an "old lady". She retaliated by giving her birthdate as June, 1886, making herself 6 months younger than him. She even did this on official documents and when I was researching family history on the Ancestry site, I saw that apparently her age depended on which one of them answered the door when the census taken came! She got the last word in when he died and she ordered a big double tombstone for the two of them. His side had his date of birth and death, her side had her date of birth - June, 1886! A casual observer wouldn't notice at all and would have no idea that it was the result of a 60-year long running joke. But family members visiting the cemetery see it and end up getting the giggles every time!

DDD

What's the old saying, Donna? "He who laughs last...laughs best"?? She got him! LOL DDD

buddy

There's a birthday calendar? How have I missed that all this time?

yeah, where it says new posts, FAQ, etc. there is one that says calendar. it has birthdays on it, I suppose only if you put your birthday in the profile. I just did without the year not because I am ashamed, but again just in case some day....for privacy...but I am not on the calendar so not sure how it goes in.

DDD

I've never noticed the calendar before either. Just checked it out...it even includes ages. That's interesting. Plus there are a bunch listed on my date although most of them I don't "know". DDD

InsaneCdn

Well, this is interesting.
I really did NOT expect the date range to be that heavily weighted to the 60s.

What was I expecting? well, in theory, should be a solid 60s AND 70s range, putting a fair number of us over 40.

But... half of you are MY AGE! I really kind of thought that half the board would be closer to half my age. Stop to think about it logically... and that wouldn't quite be logical. But its amazing what you think when you don't really stop to think.

I had to chuckle at Lisa.... she was already a grandma before I became a mom!

Also an interesting statement in here about hair... what is it about 60s women and their long hair?

I'm wondering if part of this "statistic" is a reflection of the world we - from the 60s - grew up in? A belief that wrongs can be righted, that the world can be fixed, and that if nobody else is doing it, then its up to me...

H

HaoZi

Or a generation that gave up on their govt long ago and learned to find like souls for support and knowledge?

DammitJanet

I dont think we got many votes from the early preschool board.

Personally I think our board age has changed a bit as it has grown. When I first came here I thought everyone here was so wise that they all had to be much older than me....HA! Abbey may actually be younger than me. If not, we are right close. you tend to think people with kids the same ages as yours are pretty close to the same as you are and that isnt always the correct assumption. Like I have cousins who have kids the same age as my grandchildren...horrors!