Steely?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I also think of you often during the day and wonder how you are holding up.

Many many warm ((((hugs))))

witzend

I talked to her Saturday, and she seems as well as the situation can dictate. She and her parents are doing better with each other. It is a very trying time. She is most likely returning to Texas today. I meant to try to get together with her yesterday, but I was so jet lagged I slept the whole day and didn't even get into the shower until 8:30 last night.

She tells me that the current press releases are accurate that the autopsy is completed, there were no signs of foul play, and it will be about two weeks for toxicology reports to come back. In the meantime, she and her family are waiting and getting on with their lives as well as they can.

The memorial service was very well attended and was very nice. They have made private interment arrangements for last weekend.

TerryJ2

Oh, thank you so much, Witzend, for the update, and Abbey, for reviving a thread for Steeley.
I've been thinking about you a lot, Steeley.

Steely

Hey guys

I am hanging in there. I am leaving to go back to dallas today.

The memorial was beautiful, and the scattering of her ashes was also just how she wanted it - but I do not think the reality of it all has set in yet.

I am still somewhat obsessed with the case, and the details, as no official cause of death has been found yet. Still too many unsolved, missing pieces for me to feel settled. Although yesterday I spent a couple of hours at the pond where they found her, and I felt a small nugget of closure, I still am so confused about really what happened, as are the police.

The police interviewed me again, and I feel better that they are taking more of an interest. They have added 3 more detectives to the case, which made me feel as if they were as concerned as I am about finding out exactly what happened.

My parents and I made ammends, and let bygones be bygones, or at least I did - I don't think they were as mad at me, as I was with them. Time on this earth is evidently quite short - and I do not have the time to be mad at what family I have left. My dad's health is precarious at best - and this will not help.

Thanks again for your prayers I need them - and so much more. Life was already not at all how I wanted it - not it feels even more unbearable.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks so much for checking in. All of us are thinking of you. I can't imagine going through this.

Abbey

Lothlorien

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad to hear that you and your parents have made amends. I'm also glad that you were able to feel some inkling of closure, though I'm sure this wound will gape for a long time. Hugs.

meowbunny

I hope you find some answers. The not knowing is, to me, far worse than the truth ever is. I'm glad that the police aren't just chalking this up to a routine death. Hopefully, the toxicology reports will give some answers.

Ditto on being glad to hear things are better between you and your parents. I hope you all keep healing and have a loving relationship.

Best wishes to you and yours. You're in all of our hearts and prayers.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thanks for letting us know how you are. Hoping answers eventually come to you and give you comfort in knowing everything was done for your sister......thinking of you as you travel home.....

witzend

I'm glad that you and your parents are putting aside your differences for now so that you can spend this precious time with your father without malice. I know that this is very hard.

Nancy

Thank you for the update Steely. I know we have all been worried about you. I'm glad that you and your parents have come to an understanding and you are right, life is way too short to hold hard feelings and I suspect your parents will need your support.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad you checked in with us. And it sounds promising that the police are finally taking more of an interest in the case. Hopefully they can find some answers for you and your family.

It's a good thing that you and your parents made ammends. You're right, life is too short not to treasure the time we have.

Many warm (((hugs)))

So very glad that you checked in. You have been heavy on my mind. I am so pleased to know that you have made amends with your parents.

Oh sweetie, big hugs for your hurting heart. Praying that they solve this soon for your family's sake.