Steph is using again....

Mom2oddson

Is there anything else to say?

She did well for the first two months of being home, but it didn't last.

She's been losing a lot of weight and her mood swings are massive. She hated having a curfew. Being home by midnight on a Friday & Saturday was unfair.

At least she saved us the trouble of having to kick her out by leaving home Friday. The brakes are out on her car so she left that behind. We aren't fixing it. So, I don't know what she's going to do about her job, but it's not my problem.

I packed up all the stuff she left behind. It's in the garage for whenever she comes back to get it. (So, what kind of drugs get you hooked on glow sticks? There were hundreds of those things around the room)

We are doing okay. Still a bit mad at her for throwing her life away...again. And a bit heart-broken knowing that we have to go back to the place where we accept that she could die from this and that there is nothing we can do.

A

AmericanGirl

I'm so very sorry. I hope you are taking exceptional care of you because that's important and you are worth it.

We are powerless...not helpless. HUGS!

Nancy

I'm sorry. Here is some information on glow sticks and drugs:

"Legitimately used by the military as light sources or light markers. Also used in emergencies and for camping to mark trails during night hikes. People who attend Raves, however, use glow sticks, laser lights and other light toys to enhance the hallucinogenic effect of Ecstasy. The lights are placed close to the users dilated pupils so they can see 'trails' of light. This practice can cause long-term vision impairment."

"if you have noticed that your son or daughter has a vast collection of glow sticks in his or her room, ask them where they got them and what they're using them for. Let them know that you know that happens at raves and that you're aware of the drug use at these parties. Now is a good time to reinforce your family's rules about drugs."

Nancy

Calamity Jane

Glow sticks!?? Honest to G-d!! I never would've thought...I'm sorry about Steph. I love what AG said about being powerless, not helpless. Take good care of yourself.

Mom2oddson

I was thinking it was ecstasy. Thanks Nancy.

I like the "powerless" versus "helpless". It's more accurate.

And maybe she will figure it out one day.

On the bright side, Ant is clean. We had dinner with him last week, and he admitted that the only reason he's clean is because of random drug testing at his job. He loves his job and doesn't want to lose it. Maybe over time, he'll stay clean because he wants to not because he has to.

S

Signorina

I am so so sorry. I wish I could write something helpful or wise or enlightening. I can't. All I can say is YOU ARE NOT ALONE. And I am so so sorry that your daughter is using again.